Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 06-04-2011, 04:10 PM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
so just because someone does something good that justifies any harm they did whether intentional or not? I'm sure hitler had some good points, doesn't make up for the harm he did.

Governments have almost always used religion to get what they want, and now is no different....
Comparing my grandmother to hitler, sir, is OFFENSIVE and reported
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:42 PM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
I guess you missed the part about it taking me till age 60 to get over my childhood brainwashing. Oh well...the grandmaw stuff is still to be dealt with but thank goodness third and fourth grade teachers can no longer contribute to the brainwashing. A typical school day for me back then was saying the lord's prayer at the beginning of the day and memorizing an assigned bible verse during the week. We also said the pledge of allegiance each morning but ironically "Under God" was not in it back then. The McCarthyites had that inserted in the early 1950's.

I believe brainwashing innocent, gullible infants and small children with the ridiculous claims of life after death is child abuse and those who do it should be prosecuted in a court of law.
You DO know that dispite republicans not allowing research and this & that, that scientist are now able to make life from cells yes? There was a movie a few yrs back that had scientists bring back dinosaurs, and that either is or soo will be, also then would it not be possible to repair cells to life? Scientists may soon be able to, also they have now research that may retard the aging effects on tissues and cells and think that it may be possible for eternal life at some future point. This is not religion this is science, it IS possible to do miracles like this, Now the others I don't know about but these others were on the news.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:38 PM  
Senior Member

TN
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 118 | Kudos: +26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
You DO know that dispite republicans not allowing research and this & that, that scientist are now able to make life from cells yes? There was a movie a few yrs back that had scientists bring back dinosaurs, and that either is or soo will be, also then would it not be possible to repair cells to life? Scientists may soon be able to, also they have now research that may retard the aging effects on tissues and cells and think that it may be possible for eternal life at some future point. This is not religion this is science, it IS possible to do miracles like this, Now the others I don't know about but these others were on the news.
You're telling me about science fiction? I'm 77 years old. When I was young Dick Tracy's wrist radio and Buck Rogers were eons in the future. Anything which has a logical problem, solution and final conclusion is fine by me. The dreams of ignorant goat herders who believed the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it is not part of anything I will tolerate. A man being sliced up and bled to death by cardiac arrest then showing up in perfect, heavenly shape two days later is not part of it. That's part of a Jewish fairy tale which they wrote but have never believed. Jews are Jews, Christians are Christians.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:24 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Comparing my grandmother to hitler, sir, is OFFENSIVE and reported
how could you even read it like that? that is NOTHING like what I said at all, seriously go back and read it. I was relating that something someone does good does not make up for anything bad they did. I said nothing about your grandmother being bad, just that your argument that your grandmother believing/pushing religion was justified because she made good cookies, it was irrelevant to the discussion and a bad argument point, nothing more was meant by it.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:43 PM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
how could you even read it like that? that is NOTHING like what I said at all, seriously go back and read it. I was relating that something someone does good does not make up for anything bad they did. I said nothing about your grandmother being bad, just that your argument that your grandmother believing/pushing religion was justified because she made good cookies, it was irrelevant to the discussion and a bad argument point, nothing more was meant by it.
NO, my grandmother actually never once mentioned religion to me, nor did I post anything of the kind, You, sir, attacked my grandmother not knowing what I was revering to nor the context of what I posted. You are the one who needs to go back and read.

and speaking of "irrelevent to the discussion" that you are, sir.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:55 PM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
You're telling me about science fiction? I'm 77 years old. When I was young Dick Tracy's wrist radio and Buck Rogers were eons in the future. Anything which has a logical problem, solution and final conclusion is fine by me. The dreams of ignorant goat herders who believed the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it is not part of anything I will tolerate. A man being sliced up and bled to death by cardiac arrest then showing up in perfect, heavenly shape two days later is not part of it. That's part of a Jewish fairy tale which they wrote but have never believed. Jews are Jews, Christians are Christians.
so anyone who believes in the word of the living GOD is an "ignorant goat herder" I don't know if that's as good or better than the "monkey" or "chimp" revered by another poster in another thread. Ha ha , and it's back to square one than isn't it? "If you don't look or believe the exact same as I, you are not human" (monkey, goat herder, chimp, heathen, sinner,etc.,etc.,) "therefore you brainwash" (tell lies, side with Satan, etc.), and should be "stopped by any method possible", rather by incarceration, prosecuted and or DEATH by crusade or reverse crusade. It's all the same, only different angles of approach. GOD bless you.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:21 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
NO, my grandmother actually never once mentioned religion to me, nor did I post anything of the kind, You, sir, attacked my grandmother not knowing what I was revering to nor the context of what I posted. You are the one who needs to go back and read.

and speaking of "irrelevent to the discussion" that you are, sir.
Again, reread it, I attacked your argument style, not your grandmother, seriously, you did not comprehend it the way it was written. Are you trying to play a victim here, that is nothing like what I wrote and you sir, are attacking me with these false accusations and reports to admins. I never said a word derogatory about your grandmother being equal to hitler, only you said that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
so just because someone does something good that justifies any harm they did whether intentional or not? [note: this is one sentence here] I'm sure hitler had some good points, doesn't make up for the harm he did.[note: this is another sentence here]
1.) notice how I don't refer to your grandmother
2.) where does it compare your grandmother to hitler?
3.) notice I attacked your argument style, not your grandmother
4.) what was the OVERALL point in those 2 sentences and how does that overall point relate to them individually?

I don't know how to make it any simpler, there is nothing against your grandmother here even unintentionally... I honestly can not see how you could even for a second think I said something like you are claiming, I realize this is the internets and arguments are pointless and usually devolve to nonsense but come on? seriously?
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:38 AM  
Senior Member

TN
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 118 | Kudos: +26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
so anyone who believes in the word of the living GOD is an "ignorant goat herder" I don't know if that's as good or better than the "monkey" or "chimp" revered by another poster in another thread. Ha ha , and it's back to square one than isn't it? "If you don't look or believe the exact same as I, you are not human" (monkey, goat herder, chimp, heathen, sinner,etc.,etc.,) "therefore you brainwash" (tell lies, side with Satan, etc.), and should be "stopped by any method possible", rather by incarceration, prosecuted and or DEATH by crusade or reverse crusade. It's all the same, only different angles of approach. GOD bless you.
Well see...that voodoo crap only works on someone who believes it. I'm not scared of god because if there is one I've never seen any evidence of it and I'm not scared of Satan because that's a figment of ancient imaginations. Only folks who believe the ghost stories told by ignorant, primitive mankind have fallen for that.

Look...believe what you will but what I said is true. The Jews wrote the new testament and they don't even believe it themselves.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:15 AM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
[I don't know how to make it any simpler, there is nothing against your grandmother here even unintentionally... I honestly can not see how you could even for a second think I said something like you are claiming, I realize this is the internets and arguments are pointless and usually devolve to nonsense but come on? seriously?[/QUOTE]

Well, I tell you, I am sure that gramma would have, and I know that the heavenly father, the true living GOD would have via Jesus Christ, so forgive and forget it is . . . basically what I'm saying is:

I AIN'T MAD AT CHA!!!!

may GOD bless you.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:54 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
I AIN'T MAD AT CHA!!!!
how about grandma?
__________________

__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.