Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-08-2011, 08:53 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Common. Adjective. 1. Of or relating to the community at large. 2. Known to the community.

Common Sense and "Predominant Claim" are synonymous. The common sense of WBC members is that they are Christian and Catholics are not. The common sense of Catholics is that Catholics are Christian. The common sense of most Christians says that Catholics are Christians. The common sense of those who follow Jack Chick says that Catholics are not Christians.

The common sense of non-Christians (atheists, budbhists, hindis, whatever) does not have sufficient basis to claim that one self-proclaimed Christian is deluded or lying while another self-proclaimed Christian is a True Christian.
I respect your opinion, but you're complicating the issue. I'm speaking from a reality perspective. Sure anyone can justify whatever. But most sane people will agree...... That the WBC and the KKK are not Christian. I'd be willing to put money behind that statement!

Old 05-08-2011, 11:55 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
I respect your opinion, but you're complicating the issue. I'm speaking from a reality perspective. Sure anyone can justify whatever. But most sane people will agree...... That the WBC and the KKK are not Christian. I'd be willing to put money behind that statement!

My original point was made in response to these two posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M22KLARS View Post
Yeah cuz some Christians and/or Catholics DEFINITELY DO NOT talk out of their asses...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
And we have a winner!!

After 5 days, 71 views, and 6 entries we can now answer the question.

Catholics ARE Christians. There is no "and/or" to it.

Does it bear repeating..........."It makes me shiver to see Atheist profess intentional, or perhaps in this case actual stupidity. And then defend it religiously. The sheer stupidity that it takes to makes such arguments is probably off the IQ charts entirely......"
The issues with WBC, KKK, and Catholicism, and even your position that two of these groups aren't actually Christian only serve to demonstrate my argument - that there is contention among self-proclaimed Christians about the Christianity of other self-proclaimed Christians.

With that contention in mind, the conclusion that atheists are stupid simply does not follow from an (alleged) atheist's usage of the phrase "Christian and/or Catholic".

I couldn't care less whether a group of self-proclaimed Christians deems the WBC to be a non-Christian organization. (I only mentioned them at all as a part of a supporting argument for the position I stated above.) Such a claim is less important to me than the claim that Vanilla is the best flavor of ice cream. (Most sane people would agree that it is not, and I'd be willing to put money behind that statement!)

Old 05-08-2011, 12:40 PM  
Dimensional Flux

Groinsboro, Tarheel
Well everyone, in 50 years, will any of these debates make a echo of a whispers difference? I'll say NO because we'll have gone to war at least twice over some religious fanaticism, like muslim for instance.

WHO really cares WHO is or isn't christian, catholic, etc., since it makes NO DIFFERENCE in the great scheme of things.
It's more important to me what type Vehicle you drive for depending upon vehicle chosen, such message of compensation of something fantasized is the key to salvation and/or happiness....and as well the seat cover warmer.

Be vewy, vewy careful as we're HUNTING common sense....which by far and sadly isn't very common!!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:02 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank_doubt View Post
Well everyone, in 50 years, will any of these debates make a echo of a whispers difference? I'll say NO because we'll have gone to war at least twice over some religious fanaticism, like muslim for instance.

WHO really cares WHO is or isn't christian, catholic, etc., since it makes NO DIFFERENCE in the great scheme of things.
It's more important to me what type Vehicle you drive for depending upon vehicle chosen, such message of compensation of something fantasized is the key to salvation and/or happiness....and as well the seat cover warmer.

Be vewy, vewy careful as we're HUNTING common sense....which by far and sadly isn't very common!!
Toyota truck. Who cares.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:07 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
My original point was made in response to these two posts:

The issues with WBC, KKK, and Catholicism, and even your position that two of these groups aren't actually Christian only serve to demonstrate my argument - that there is contention among self-proclaimed Christians about the Christianity of other self-proclaimed Christians.

With that contention in mind, the conclusion that atheists are stupid simply does not follow from an (alleged) atheist's usage of the phrase "Christian and/or Catholic".

I couldn't care less whether a group of self-proclaimed Christians deems the WBC to be a non-Christian organization. (I only mentioned them at all as a part of a supporting argument for the position I stated above.) Such a claim is less important to me than the claim that Vanilla is the best flavor of ice cream. (Most sane people would agree that it is not, and I'd be willing to put money behind that statement!)
So KKK and WBC are not christians. Good. Symantics. Gotcha.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:57 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank_doubt View Post
Not all that said, to be honest. It's a boring world when everyons shares the same opinion and dissenters are ostracized. We become lemmings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
So KKK and WBC are not christians. Good. Symantics. Gotcha.
No, not semantics. Whether they are Christians or not is not even directly relevant to my argument, but thank you for demonstrating my supporting argument - there is contention among self-proclaimed Christians about the Christianity of other self-proclaimed Christians.

Your support for my argument further acknowledges my point. Again, Thank you. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:59 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Not all that said, to be honest. It's a boring world when everyons shares the same opinion and dissenters are ostracized. We become lemmings.

No, not semantics. Whether they are Christians or not is not even directly relevant to my argument, but thank you for demonstrating my supporting argument - there is contention among self-proclaimed Christians about the Christianity of other self-proclaimed Christians.

Your support for my argument further acknowledges my point. Again, Thank you. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Okay sure. I was making my own statement which had nothing to do with disproving you? The semantics refered to me. You got me on the spelling though. Dam 6th grade edu......

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.