Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2011, 02:43 PM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldruggedcrosser View Post
Dorf:

Was there some event at age 60 that brought about your change of mind? Did God let you down in some way at that time? I'm curious what changed you into such a agnostic position after 60 years of participation. Do you have a wife, and is she a believer or has she if you do have one, ever been a believer?
I told you I was always a doubter. I used to sit there on Sunday mornings and wonder if certain people in the congregation felt the way I did.

Get serious for a minute. You're the one who's amazed that I doubt some 2000 year old story from the stone age which declares virgin birth, walking on water, water into fine wine, resurrection etc. You're amazed that I doubt that there's some invisible man in the sky who dropped by once during ancient times and left the only keys to the kingdom in the hands of people who thought the earth was flat and the universe revolved around it. I'm very sure that if there's anything after death...which I strongly doubt, that all of us will get an equal shot at it and not just those who believe a story about virgin birth, son of god, savior of the world, crucifixion, resurrection etc. The first time that story was told was about 3000 years before Jesus' time and it's gone around that part of the world ever since.

There's one way to prove the bible...by reading the bible. Thomas Jefferson was so sure it was a fairy tale that he wrote his own version of the new testament leaving out the ridiculous and the miracles.

http://www.angelfire.com/co/JeffersonBible/

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!