Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2011, 06:53 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Rabbis ask Fox news to turn down the holocaust language

Didn't see this covered on Faux news ???

Rabbis Petition Murdoch To Crack Down On Fox's Holocaust Language

Old 01-28-2011, 07:03 PM  

Wisconsin
I don't think that it makes any difference with those talking heads on Faux News and their audience. Anybody who gets his news fill from this station would not want to believe anything different that said there.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:22 PM  

Rochester, New York
This makes no sense. Not everyone who survived the Holocaust is a wonderful person and having survived it doesn't make one immune to criticism. It is pretty well known that Soros helped the Nazis. How is he a good person?

Beck condemns Soros not in the context of the Holocaust (except to mention he helped the Nazis) but in the work he has done against individual freedom and liberty and working to hurt this country.

I wonder if any of these 400 Rabbis have actually listened to or watched Beck for any length of time to understand him and his legitimate complaints against Soros. Somehow, I doubt it.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:38 PM  
Community Active

Florence, OR
My guess would be they and the two posters above you have never watched Glen Beck, who BTW; has an entertainment program on FOX not a NEWS program.

You guys probably lap up everything that is on Huffington Post, CNN and MSNBC, too; don't you? It was on the internet, it must be true!!

Generalities and hearsay are troublesome to me and when major broadcast media perpetuates them, I turn them off. Beck states nearly every night "Don't believe me, do your own research!" You won't hear anyone on any other news network tell their audience to go look it up for themselves.

I sincerely doubt the 400 Rabbi reference, I suspect perhaps a handful contacted FOX, if it happened at all. They probably heard from someone else, who read something on the Huff Post, about what Beck had supposedly said on his program.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:55 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
This makes no sense. Not everyone who survived the Holocaust is a wonderful person and having survived it doesn't make one immune to criticism. It is pretty well known that Soros helped the Nazis. How is he a good person?

Beck condemns Soros not in the context of the Holocaust (except to mention he helped the Nazis) but in the work he has done against individual freedom and liberty and working to hurt this country.

I wonder if any of these 400 Rabbis have actually listened to or watched Beck for any length of time to understand him and his legitimate complaints against Soros. Somehow, I doubt it.
I don't think that is the issue, it's that fox news and beck use the term nazi's against almost ANYTHING they don't like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
My guess would be they and the two posters above you have never watched Glen Beck, who BTW; has an entertainment program on FOX not a NEWS program.
however it is on a news channel and will be associated with the news
Quote:
You guys probably lap up everything that is on Huffington Post, CNN and MSNBC, too; don't you? It was on the internet, it must be true!!
lame argument, throwing out accusations, are you saying the rabbis didn't actually say this in regards to fox news? are you? Are you saying they didn't actually petition or place the ad in washington post? really? it's all lies by the left wing media.... sure....
Quote:
Generalities and hearsay are troublesome to me and when major broadcast media perpetuates them, I turn them off. Beck states nearly every night "Don't believe me, do your own research!" You won't hear anyone on any other news network tell their audience to go look it up for themselves.
Because he know is audience won't, he does that strictly because he knows there isn't anything backing it up but wants to to give the impression that there is

It's the old "insert crazy statement here with no supporting facts" , it's true go look it up scam. Since you can't find where it is as it doesn't exist you would have to find something that specifically disproves whatever insane statement he made as there is nothing to support it. I could make up anything I wanted to and say go look it up and if you don't find the evidence I can just say you didn't look hard enough as I didn't state where this information could be found, you could spend the rest of your life looking and not definitively say what my statement said was false under those conditions.

It's a dirty trick played on people who can't or won't think critically about the evidence, why can't he just put up references on his website? It would save his viewers a lot of "look it up" time
Quote:
I sincerely doubt the 400 Rabbi reference, I suspect perhaps a handful contacted FOX, if it happened at all. They probably heard from someone else, who read something on the Huff Post, about what Beck had supposedly said on his program.
you did read that it was a PETITION of 400, and they took out a full page washington post ad, so it looks like you are refusing to believe the opposition as well and living in denial
Old 01-29-2011, 08:25 AM  

Wisconsin
@ RedJeepXJ
You said everything that need to be said! Thank you!
Old 01-29-2011, 10:43 AM  

Rochester, New York
Well lookie here. Soros gives major boost to Jewish Fund for Justice. This would be the same group behind the petition. Soros' boost was given a couple years ago; Soros and this group have been friendly to one degree or another for a little while at least.

Beck shines a light on Soros, friends of Soros go after Beck. Situation normal.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:57 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Well lookie here. Soros gives major boost to Jewish Fund for Justice. This would be the same group behind the petition. Soros' boost was given a couple years ago; Soros and this group have been friendly to one degree or another for a little while at least.

Beck shines a light on Soros, friends of Soros go after Beck. Situation normal.
again here you go with the completely irrelevant to the discussion, red herrings. I know you must love fox but that is not a valid arguing point....... yes he helped the nazi's when he was 14 in a fairly insignificant way, so the **** what, he was a kid? kids don't know any better. Heck when I was a kid I would have probably believed circumcision was good, but now that I am older and can truly think for myself and think critically I know how evil it is. (like my red herring, although I guess it really isn't since I worked into an example) People change with age and the Nazi's forcing/tricking a kid into doing something isn't something to blame on the kid.

I know what you are trying to claim, but I doubt 400 people would be in on the scam, plus you have to ignore the complete reality that fox news uses the nazi argument far more then all the other networks combined
Old 01-29-2011, 03:11 PM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
again here you go with the completely irrelevant to the discussion, red herrings.
Yeah, whatever. My comments weren't directed to you for your input. If others can make use of info I bring to light, great. If not, no harm done.

Quote:
I know what you are trying to claim, but I doubt 400 people would be in on the scam, plus you have to ignore the complete reality that fox news uses the nazi argument far more then all the other networks combined
Hey, hyperbole works wonders if delivered the right way. Look at all the morons who buy into anthropogenic global warming!

Really, RJ, I won't waste any more of my time with you. Run along and play with someone else.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:25 PM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
I don't think that is the issue, it's that fox news and beck use the term nazi's against almost ANYTHING they don't like
Not for nothing, but who cares? They're free to say anything they want.

The real issue, which you missed apparently, deals with a bunch of lefty rabbis claiming Beck is somehow detracting from the gravitas of the Holocaust and Nazi atrocities when discussing Soros. In light of the financial connection between Soros and the group doing the b*tching about Beck, it seems pretty obvious it's nonsense.

As for Fox and/or Beck not responding to their petition, I don't know whether they have yet or not. But if I know Beck, he will. I'd suggest you stay tuned, but you never listen anyway.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!