Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2011, 12:10 PM  

Mill Creek, Washington
The reprobate mind

THE REPROBATE MIND

UNDERSTANDING THE SCRIPTURES ?UNDERSTANDING YOURSELF

The philosophy of substituting God's Word with one's own reasoning commenced with Satan. He introduced it at the outset of the human race by suggesting to Eve that she ignore God's orders, assuring her that in so doing she would become like God with the power to discern good and evil (Genesis 3:1-5). That was Satan's big lie. Paul said that when any person rejects God's truth, his mind becomes "reprobate," meaning perverted, void of sound judgment. The perverted mind, having rejected God's truth, is not capable of discerning good and evil.

What do the Scriptures say about God?s word? Why Can we believe the Scriptures? We can put our confidence in His Word because:

3:16 Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 3:17 that the person dedicated to God may be capable and equipped for every good work.

1:20 Above all, you do well if you recognize this: No prophecy of scripture ever comes about by the prophet?s own imagination, 1:21 for no prophecy was ever borne of human impulse; rather, men carried along by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

The mark of the purity of the Apostle Paul?s ministry.

II Cor. 4:1 Therefore, since we have this ministry, just as God has shown us mercy, we do not become discouraged. 4:2 But we have rejected shameful hidden deeds, not behaving with deceptiveness or distorting the word of God, but by open proclamation of the truth we commend ourselves to everyone?s conscience before God.

The Scriptures give 2 reasons for unbelief of the Scriptures.

The apostle Paul gave one of those reasons why those who read God?s word do not understand it:

4:3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing, 4:4 among whom the god of this age has blinded the minds of those who do not believe so they would not see the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God.

What problem did Jesus encounter in his ministry?
12:39 (Jesus said) For this reason they could not believe, because again Isaiah said,
12:40 ?He has blinded their eyes
and hardened their heart,
so that they would not see with their eyes
and understand with their heart.

The second reason has to due with pride.
12:42 Nevertheless, even among the rulers many believed in him, but because of the Pharisees they would not confess Jesus to be the Christ, so that they would not be put out of the synagogue. 12:43 For they loved praise from men more than praise from God.
12:44 But Jesus shouted out, ?The one who believes in me does not believe in me, but in the one who sent me,
You say you know Jehovah and believe in Him. But unless you truly believe in Jesus as Lord you show that you do not know Him on His terms.
12:45 and the one who sees me sees the one who sent me. 12:46 I have come as a light into the world, so that everyone who believes in me should not remain in darkness.

Our spiritual eyes need to be opened, this is why we must be born again:

I COR. 2: 10,13,14 God has revealed these (Scriptures) to us by the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God 13. And we speak about these things, not with words taught us by human wisdom, but with those taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual things to spiritual people.14. The unbeliever does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him. And he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

3:3 Jesus replied, ?I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

3:5 Jesus answered, ?I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 3:6 What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:16 For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 3:18 The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.

Do you really want to understand the Scriptures?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:45 AM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rugged Crosser View Post
THE REPROBATE MIND

UNDERSTANDING THE SCRIPTURES ?UNDERSTANDING YOURSELF

The philosophy of substituting God's Word with one's own reasoning commenced with Satan. He introduced it at the outset of the human race by suggesting to Eve that she ignore God's orders, assuring her that in so doing she would become like God with the power to discern good and evil (Genesis 3:1-5). That was Satan's big lie. Paul said that when any person rejects God's truth, his mind becomes "reprobate," meaning perverted, void of sound judgment. The perverted mind, having rejected God's truth, is not capable of discerning good and evil.

What do the Scriptures say about God?s word? Why Can we believe the Scriptures? We can put our confidence in His Word because:

3:16 Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 3:17 that the person dedicated to God may be capable and equipped for every good work.

1:20 Above all, you do well if you recognize this: No prophecy of scripture ever comes about by the prophet?s own imagination, 1:21 for no prophecy was ever borne of human impulse; rather, men carried along by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

The mark of the purity of the Apostle Paul?s ministry.

II Cor. 4:1 Therefore, since we have this ministry, just as God has shown us mercy, we do not become discouraged. 4:2 But we have rejected shameful hidden deeds, not behaving with deceptiveness or distorting the word of God, but by open proclamation of the truth we commend ourselves to everyone?s conscience before God.

The Scriptures give 2 reasons for unbelief of the Scriptures.

The apostle Paul gave one of those reasons why those who read God?s word do not understand it:

4:3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing, 4:4 among whom the god of this age has blinded the minds of those who do not believe so they would not see the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God.

What problem did Jesus encounter in his ministry?
12:39 (Jesus said) For this reason they could not believe, because again Isaiah said,
12:40 ?He has blinded their eyes
and hardened their heart,
so that they would not see with their eyes
and understand with their heart.

The second reason has to due with pride.
12:42 Nevertheless, even among the rulers many believed in him, but because of the Pharisees they would not confess Jesus to be the Christ, so that they would not be put out of the synagogue. 12:43 For they loved praise from men more than praise from God.
12:44 But Jesus shouted out, ?The one who believes in me does not believe in me, but in the one who sent me,
You say you know Jehovah and believe in Him. But unless you truly believe in Jesus as Lord you show that you do not know Him on His terms.
12:45 and the one who sees me sees the one who sent me. 12:46 I have come as a light into the world, so that everyone who believes in me should not remain in darkness.

Our spiritual eyes need to be opened, this is why we must be born again:

I COR. 2: 10,13,14 God has revealed these (Scriptures) to us by the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God 13. And we speak about these things, not with words taught us by human wisdom, but with those taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual things to spiritual people.14. The unbeliever does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him. And he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

3:3 Jesus replied, ?I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

3:5 Jesus answered, ?I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 3:6 What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:16 For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 3:18 The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.

Do you really want to understand the Scriptures?
Voodoo only works for those who believe it. Since nobody has ever died and come back to tell about it I opt to be a "disbeliever."

I don't know whether or not there's anything after death and you don't either.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads