Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 AM  
Traveler

Mill Creek, Washington
[quote=treasurecoast;113576]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
a campaign of fear......
That is exactly what it is, and arrogance ..
That is an old saw. Would you like me to quote John 3:16 one more time? You must be running low on excuses for the twinge on your souls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurecoast View Post
ORC: Sad to see that HES choice did not meet with your approval....
What on earth are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I'm actually a Pastafarian. I worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster, who touched mankind with his Holy Noodly Appendage.
Thus, RAmen! is the preferred declaration of affirmation.

Real cute: you had to dig real deep to come up with that one. Very intellectual.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:15 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
[quote=oldruggedcrosser;113772]
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurecoast View Post

That is an old saw. Would you like me to quote John 3:16 one more time? You must be running low on excuses for the twinge on your souls.
but exactly what it is, you are trying to instill fear by threatening others with eternal damnation
Quote:
Real cute: you had to dig real deep to come up with that one. Very intellectual.
is it any less intellectual then repeating bible verses, what evidence do you have that the christian Idea of god is any more valid then a pastafarians? you don't, While christianity is older so are a lot of other religion s that are far far older then any of the abrahamic religions

Old 06-30-2011, 11:16 AM  
Traveler

Mill Creek, Washington
Hatred of God

Let me ask you atheist a honest question. All of you have displayed a great hate for God. Why is that? If He is not there what could He have done to deserve your tempers?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:29 PM  

RA: love it!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:40 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldruggedcrosser View Post

Let me ask you atheist a honest question. All of you have displayed a great hate for God. Why is that? If He is not there what could He have done to deserve your tempers?

a hate for god? considering god is a an idea created by man some of us hate the idea of a false mythological being that tells a certain portion of the population to do things and what is right and wrong even if those actions are morally and ethically wrong. Some of us do not like the harm that religion brings.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:42 PM  

orc post #19
Old 06-30-2011, 02:10 PM  

ORC
Sir , you can quote me all the bible you want.(remember I do not believe it as a fact , I enjoyed reading it as I would the Greek Mythologies,the Mythology of the Sumerians, Egyptian and Chinese , Hindu ,American Indian, by the way they all claim a heavenly figure in fires of chariots being decending and impreganating woman , HAVING VIRGIN BIRTHS.)OK ALIENS?
I do not swallow what you and others try to cram down my throat, I repeat, YOU or ANYONE.. TWINGE ON OUR SOUL? Really? I always believed that looking in to one s soul and diagnosing it was the domaine of the Great Spirit.
(
Old 06-30-2011, 03:21 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
I don't get it - when I'm serious, you say I'm miserable; when I'm lighthearted you suggest I'm not being serious. I'm only one man, my friend. I can't be everything to everyone. To mine ownself, I'll be true.

Look into Pastafarianism and the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The initial concept was used as a parody of religion being imposed as science.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:27 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:

I agree with RedJeepXJ. Atheism is no more a hate for god than criticism of a story about unicorns is hate for unicorns.

I agree with treasurecoast's logic, but disagree on some aspects of his conclusions.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.