Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2011, 07:44 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Ctantamount to my speaking of rocket surgery.
YES! My favorite mixed metaphor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
hawkings is a dumb ass...........he is famous only because he is in a wheel chair.
otherwise he would just be another LOSER, who had parents that were siblings or something......or whatever made him a frigging reject by mother nature.
tie a rock to his ankle and toss him in the ocean........feed the fishies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
So he has a degree, big deal.
I still think he is a whiney little ****head that would have been better to have him mama swllow the day he was conceived.
If i had met him i would have spit in his face and told him exactly what i thought of his pathetic existance.
Wow.

Just... Wow.

A person is more than their ability to control their limbs.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:59 AM  

Blucher:Enjoyed reading the history of Angels. I would mention the Zohar,s description, from the Wikipedia:SEPHIROTS. " !0 emanations/attributes/creative forces of God . They intervene between the Infinite unknowable God and our created world. As they descend to the lower realm (earth) they must cloak themselfs with human form."
This would explain the way they were seen in the bible .( Shekinah is the highest level of the emanations, the glory of God, and it has a female principle assigned to it.)

By :Prof Eliezer Segal.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:19 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Well he is Stephen Hawking and when he is right he nails it on the head. And he is right again.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:03 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurecoast View Post
Blucher:Enjoyed reading the history of Angels. I would mention the Zohar,s description, from the Wikipedia:SEPHIROTS. " !0 emanations/attributes/creative forces of God . They intervene between the Infinite unknowable God and our created world. As they descend to the lower realm (earth) they must cloak themselfs with human form."
This would explain the way they were seen in the bible .( Shekinah is the highest level of the emanations, the glory of God, and it has a female principle assigned to it.)

By :Prof Eliezer Segal.
Angels seem to have been more man's creation than God's. I recall reading about some Catholic monk giving them names for classes & types. The Old Testament angels were unlike our friendly little guardian angels. The Jews had angels and I accidentally discovered they also had an Archangel type named Michael they referred to as Mitzvan Eloheim; (Michael who is like God). Trouble is anything Hebrew seems to have several disparate meanings so it's difficult to be certain of much.

Those early ones were often described as multifaced and scary. Later we seem to prefer warm & fuzzy angels.
"( Shekinah is the highest level of the emanations, the glory of God, and it has a female principle assigned to it.)"

You could explain the humanness several ways but it appears to be PR more than anything else.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:20 PM  

BLUCHER: Yes its interesting how their image( angels) had evolved.
Michael was the most powerful one, and he was a warrior angel. He was supposedly battled with satan. There was also Gabriel also very powerful. These beings were definetely not the fluffy feel good angels. Their mythology makes interesting reading. :-)
Old 07-06-2011, 06:21 PM  
Traveler

Mill Creek, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
that is such an absurd arguement, failure to "believe" in religion does not equal an unwillingness to consider it. I'm an atheist because logically it just doesn't make sense. Instead of going around calling atheists stupid (including one of the worlds best astrophysicists -wtf) maybe you should look more critically at what you believe, logically can it stand on it's own without depending on any belief or wild assumptions, religion does not, even more specifically no major religion has anything significant backing up it's existance as "the" religion, it's all just designed to control you into beliving what someone else wanted you to believe.
Redjeep,

The Bible is: "Believe it or not. No one is forcing you or trying to control you to believe it.

Quote:
Instead of going around calling atheists stupid (including one of the worlds best astrophysicists

OK, He is very ignorant with it comes to theology>
Old 07-06-2011, 11:14 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldruggedcrosser View Post
Disagreement does not imply ignorance.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:23 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldruggedcrosser View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Disagreement does not imply ignorance.

OK, 2 correct statements..............and we have an agreement! Now we're getting somewhere.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:22 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
that Briton talkin' again?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads