Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2011, 07:35 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Study: Atheists distrusted as much as rapists

And the insanity of the religious continues.......

Study: Atheists distrusted as much as rapists

Old 12-18-2011, 08:14 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
What a bunch of bullcookies. No one more prejudiced or intolerant than the deeply religious. I suppose they did this study.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:22 PM  

Houston, Texas
Personally I claim no religious affiliation. I believe in all faiths and claim none. Notice use of the word FAITH, not religion. I would trust a Christian as far as I could throw a Muslim or Jew. They are much more adept at basing their actions on the bible/Koran/Torah then they are for taking personal responsibility for their actions. Instead of "the devil made me do it" it's "the (fill in the blank) tells me to do it". Nothing more irresponsible than basing your actions on an external influence. I would really like to see the stats and research methodology on this article. BTW, I don't trust atheist either. Anyone who believes they have "THE" answer to God, be it atheist, christian, jew or muslim I find to be arrogant and self serving and I hold in extremely low regard.

IMHO.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:20 PM  

Houston, Texas
Christians. Indeed.
CVS Refused to Sell Man a Morning-After Pregnancy Pill - Houston News - Hair Balls

WWJD? Hit and Run - Page 1 - News - Houston - Houston Press

I don't make this stuff up, it's there for the reading. Anyway, never mind the rapist. You can always find out who they are on your states registry data base. It's the christians you gotta look out for.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:10 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
It's this kind of thing that amazes me when they say Christians are persecuted or discriminated against...

If I wore a pro-atheist shirt or a pro-christian shirt to work what would be the outcome of each?
or if I parked two identical cars in the same place one with pro-religion and one with pro-atheism bumper stickers? which would be vandalized first?

The religious create this sense of hatred against atheists either purposely or incidentally by stating we don't have anything leading our lives, therefore we are evil people just looking for an excuse to do bad things, which couldn't be further from the truth...

It's just sickening people can take part in this kind of hate speech (yes I know that seems harsh) but this study seems to prove what is really the outcome of this teaching/brainwashing
Old 12-24-2011, 11:50 AM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
It's this kind of thing that amazes me when they say Christians are persecuted or discriminated against...
Red, it's not just Christians, every social group claims persecution these days. It's the PC thing to do. I guess no one wants to be left out.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:01 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick

Red, it's not just Christians, every social group claims persecution these days. It's the PC thing to do. I guess no one wants to be left out.
You're half right. I'm agnostic (don't confuse that with atheist which is just as much an insult to me as referring to me as a christian) and from what I see historically every group by race, creed, color or religion has claimed and suffered persecution. Got nothing to do with PC which is a cop-out phrase used by those who do persecute or at least are biased. An over used phrase if there ever was one. Fact is christians, jews, muslim, atheist, buddhist, agnostics have been and are persecuted. Or at least misunderstood. Some of that is deserved though but not all. If you're a baptist minister from FL named Jones you should be despised.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:14 PM  

What's all the whining about being persecuted? Take a position, believe what you believe and be able to defend it. You may be right....you may be wrong but there's no satifaction gained by blaiming others for your dissatisfaction with what you've chosen in life, if that choice offers only persecution.

Pick up your own cross, what ever that is, and move on with your life. There are those who find joy in persecuting others and there are those who are bound by it.....be neither.

My persecution is expected, understood and deserved.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:36 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
What's all the whining about being persecuted? Take a position, believe what you believe and be able to defend it. You may be right....you may be wrong but there's no satifaction gained by blaiming others for your dissatisfaction with what you've chosen in life, if that choice offers only persecution.

Pick up your own cross, what ever that is, and move on with your life. There are those who find joy in persecuting others and there are those who are bound by it.....be neither.

My persecution is expected, understood and deserved.

Merry Christmas!
always easier to say when you are part of the group that is LEAST persecuted in america......
Old 12-25-2011, 07:54 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
always easier to say when you are part of the group that is LEAST persecuted in america......
I agree in part. America is still a Christian nation. Hopefully it'll stay that way until the coming of the Lord.

Consider this....."America" is what allows you and I the freedom to select our own personal level of persecution. Rejoice in the fact the core of what America is manifest itself primarily in Christian thought and ideas. America's Christian foundation lowers the mountains and fills the valleys that obstruct our path of personal persecution. Everything in life involves a choice....even the type, level and geographic location of one's chosen persecution.

If you trully want to wallow in the results of your chosen persecution move to Iran, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia. Persecution takes on a whole new perspective there! Can you say....Allah?

Merry Christmas!! and God Bless America!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!