Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2014, 08:43 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Why the Bible should not be taken literally

Why the Bible should not be taken literally-1897933_273183249507916_1578608403_n.jpg 

Old 09-06-2014, 04:07 PM  

Sounds like the Obummer hasn't read his Bible, at least not for context. And how about the Koran that his buddies follow?

Old 09-06-2014, 04:46 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Everything he said about the Bible is true. Have you read it? It totally contradicts itself over and over. Every sect has it's own interpretation.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:56 PM  

Obummer is the contradiction, like most unbelievers he thinks he knows what he is talking about. God's instructions to the children of Israel are not the rule of law for the US. The sermon on the mount is only radical to an unbeliever. Sounds like you and the Obummer believe the same thing except the Obummer claims to be a Christian and you don't. However there is hope for you as you like to hang out on the religious forum. You are looking for answers whether you will admit it or not.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:47 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Obummer is the contradiction, like most unbelievers he thinks he knows what he is talking about. God's instructions to the children of Israel are not the rule of law for the US. The sermon on the mount is only radical to an unbeliever. Sounds like you and the Obummer believe the same thing except the Obummer claims to be a Christian and you don't. However there is hope for you as you like to hang out on the religious forum. You are looking for answers whether you will admit it or not.
You don't have a clue. I have studied several religions. The Bible cannot be taken literally by anyone of intelligence.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:45 AM  

Nevada
I have always considered the bible to be a biased version of the history of a very minor Middle Eastern tribe with further stories written centuries after the fact to support the beliefs of the Christian Sect

I do believe, however, that it does contain many truth. And some of the stories are similar in other cultures that he no contact with the Hebrews for more than 1500 years.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:20 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
You don't have a clue. I have studied several religions. The Bible cannot be taken literally by anyone of intelligence.
So you stoop to an attack on my intelligence, shame on you.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:02 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcabbie View Post
I have always considered the bible to be a biased version of the history of a very minor Middle Eastern tribe with further stories written centuries after the fact to support the beliefs of the Christian Sect

I do believe, however, that it does contain many truth. And some of the stories are similar in other cultures that he no contact with the Hebrews for more than 1500 years.
If the Bible were true one would expect to find evidence of a worldwide flood, also evidence to support creation rather than evolution. Evidence such as fossils of modern plants and creatiures found in dinosaur rocks. Similar stories from other cultures would be predictable as well even though distorted from retelling.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:19 AM  

Nevada
In my intensive study of American and Mexican Indians, I have encountered many myths and legends dating far before the arrival of Europeans of a massive flood in which a few survived in a man-made pod.

A lot of Creation stories have The People coming up out of the earth - vaguely similar to the creation of Adam. But they already came up in a large group, ignoring any incest nonsense.

The one thing I enjoy most about their stories is that Creator Spirit - of whatever name - is a benign spirit and not the angry, vengeful god of the Hebrews.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:29 AM  

Would it be inconvenient, embarrassing, hard to explain, avoidance of peer pressure or just human nature to avoid placing mallards, parrots, box turtles, possums and other "living fossils" in a dinosaur exhibit?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!