Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2011, 02:53 PM  

jollyjung: ref to #45

Though a lot of time yes is would be the case.
I think that the church people like to believe this, that weak and broken , unhappy folk are the ones that seek out God when they are in their lowest. (dont know why, maybe because they are to busy other times to think God)
I For one believe ,that it is also true that God can, and will tap anyone on the shoulder whom ever He wants , and one can be happy and serene , in a peaceful state of mind, He WILL awaken the kingdom of God within you, the desire for Him in your soul.
This awakening is our new life and seeing things in a new way.

QUOTE:
Everything is in God and God is in everything, BUT. God is more than Everything

Old 07-04-2012, 10:47 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Fr. Andrew was invited to lead the opening prayer at the 2012 Colorado Republican
State Assembly and Convention in the Magness Arena at the University of Denver.
http://www.stthomasmore.org/parish-clergy/video/invocation

Old 07-04-2012, 11:23 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
I grew up as a Baptist and even taught religious classes. Then as an adult. I started studying religions. If you read the actual history of the Bible and realize that most wars are fought over religion, it gets imposible to believe. I am an athiest. Remember, the Bible you believe word for word, was compiled and rewritten by Roman Emporer Constantine's priests. They left out many of the more accepted religious books of the time. They were on a time limit and had to use the easiest to copy books.

"If One Person Has An Imaginary Friend, They're Crazy, If Many People Have The Same Imaginary Friend It's Religion?"
Old 07-05-2012, 07:08 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I grew up as a Baptist and even taught religious classes. Then as an adult. I started studying religions. If you read the actual history of the Bible and realize that most wars are fought over religion, it gets imposible to believe. I am an athiest. Remember, the Bible you believe word for word, was compiled and rewritten by Roman Emporer Constantine's priests. They left out many of the more accepted religious books of the time. They were on a time limit and had to use the easiest to copy books.

"If One Person Has An Imaginary Friend, They're Crazy, If Many People Have The Same Imaginary Friend It's Religion?"
The only correct part about your statements are the one's relating to your own experience with religion. Religion is of man and is corrupt. The mere fact that you "taught religious studies" (whatever that is?!?) is a testimony to that fact. Being a Baptist does not make one a believer. Being a true believer makes it impossible to ever be an atheist (Ask your Baptist friends about "Once saved always saved"...but you probably "taught" that.). The good news is that being an atheist does not make being a believer an impossibility for the future.

They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us. (1 John 2:19)
Old 07-05-2012, 07:24 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Everything I wrote about the Bible is true. Just read up on history.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:32 PM  
American

I believe in God because it is the only logical explanation. The big bang...where did that come from? ...God has to be....and always was....there is no beginning or end. It is organized religion and humans who profess to speak for God I have a lack of faith in. I don't think of God as in heaven and earth. I think of God as in all there is. I know there is a life force...science is discovering it. Did you know there is a fabric in space....it bends around sold objects and is pulled out of shape by forces such as black holes. Google String Theory if you feel like getting really confused. We know the mind uses electric impulses...are they connected to the electricity in the fabric of space? Could that be why twins can sometimes feel each others pain across thousands of miles?
I find it all fascinating and unlike some....the more about the science of the universe I learn....the more I am sure there is a God. At the very least there is a power we call God.Could that power wish to experance life as a human...the Son of God...sure...biological body connected to God through the fabric of space and time....it can not be disproved that is sure.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:44 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
.the Son of God...sure...biological body connected to God through the fabric of space and time....it can not be disproved that is sure.
Cannot be proved either.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:25 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
I find it all fascinating and unlike some....the more about the science of the universe I learn....the more I am sure there is a God. At the very least there is a power we call God.Could that power wish to experance life as a human...the Son of God...sure...biological body connected to God through the fabric of space and time....it can not be disproved that is sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Cannot be proved either.
What can be proved is that for 1000's of years individuals have lived and died for the God of this creation. Some can and will believe. Some can't and will not believe. While the world seeks "proof"...the repentant seeks "experience". Proof insist on strength of self while experience allows one's self to be set aside.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:45 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
I choose to worship in my own way. That is as far as I will go into my religious views. Many here will not like it and all it will do is cause ignorant people to attack.

I cannot and will not be apart of a organization that promoted child molestation. The church all of them that I have found promote this with the fact that they will move hide and protect men of the cloth that partake in this sickening and heinous crime that should be met with a quick and painful death. Yes I have heard that just because they do that doesn't mean the people agree with it. If I don't agree with a companies stance on say guns I do not go to that business. If I don't agree with someones views I don't talk about that. By being apart of that organization you are in my eyes supporting the the molestation of children. I can tell you I don't hate many people in this world I don't really hate my exwife. I HATE if the intensity of 10 trillion burning suns. If I could I would kill every last one of them on the face of the planet. I know too many people who are forever scared by the likes of child molesters.

Organized religion has been at the fore front of many bloody conflicts from the dawn of time. I can't be apart of a organization that promotes the killing of other people because they will not take on the religion of someone else. Religion has been used for over 5000 years to destroy, kill, rape, pillage and cause harm to people I just can't in good faith be apart of that. If organized religion takes a nonviolent turn to an accepting view of all religions even pagan religions I MIGHT think about it. Until the day that all religions can coexist in peace I will not be apart of them nor will I force them on to my children.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:24 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA

A DOG NAMED FAITH

This dog was born in 2002. He was born with2 legs.He of course could not walk when he was born. Even his mother did not want him.

His first owner also did not think that he could survive and he was thinking of 'putting him to sleep'.

But then, his present owner, Jude Stringfellow, met him and wanted to take care of him.

She became determined to teach and train this little dog to walk by himself.

She named him 'Faith'.

In the beginning, she put Faith on a surfboard to let him feel the movement.

Later she used peanut butter on a spoon as a lure
and reward for him for standing up and jumping around.

Even the other dog at home encouraged him to walk.

Amazingly, only after 6 months, like a miracle,
Faith learned to balance on his hind legs and to
jump to move forward.

After further training in the snow, he could now
walk like a human being.

Faith loves to walk around now.

No matter where he goes, he attracts people to him.

He is fast becoming famous on the international scene and has appeared on various newspapers and TV shows.

There is now a book entitled 'With a Little Faith' being published about him.

He was even considered to appear in one of Harry Potter movies.

His present owner Jude Stringfellew has given up her teaching post and plans to take him around the world to preach that even without a perfect body, one can have a perfect soul'.

In life there are always undesirable things, so in order to feel better you just need to look at life from another direction.I hope this message will bring fresh new ways of thinking to everyone and that everyone will appreciate and be thankful for each beautiful day.

Faith is the continual demonstration of the strength and wonder of life

A small request: All you are asked to do is keep this story circulating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.