Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2011, 03:32 PM  

TN
[quote=oldruggedcrosser;113769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
Yes...there's a bit of irony in watching the Christian right pro lifers rant about abortions while the current estimates are that by the year 2040 population of the planet will be about 9 billion. When that threshold is breached some of the earth's resources will already be exhausted and then the next fifty years will take us to the brink of complete extinction. Real smart.[/quote]

Dorf, Your response/excuse is not valid, because our Creator gave mankind a creative mind and necessity is the mother of invention. Nothing can get outside of God's will.
So far a college intern could have done a better job of running things...if in fact he's up there and actually trying...which I strongly doubt.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:51 PM  
Traveler

Mill Creek, Washington
Quote:
Yes...there's a bit of irony in watching the Christian right pro lifers rant about abortions while the current estimates are that by the year 2040 population of the planet will be about 9 billion. When that threshold is breached some of the earth's resources will already be exhausted and then the next fifty years will take us to the brink of complete extinction. Real smart.[/quote]

Dorf, Your response/excuse is not valid, because our Creator gave mankind a creative mind and necessity is the mother of invention. Nothing can get outside of God's will.

Dorf where is you evidence to back up your statement?

Old 07-04-2011, 04:51 AM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldruggedcrosser View Post
Quote:
Yes...there's a bit of irony in watching the Christian right pro lifers rant about abortions while the current estimates are that by the year 2040 population of the planet will be about 9 billion. When that threshold is breached some of the earth's resources will already be exhausted and then the next fifty years will take us to the brink of complete extinction. Real smart.

Dorf where is you evidence to back up your statement?[/QUOTE]

During my lifetime I've seen no evidence of "devine intervention." What I have seen is a perfectly logical explanation of everything under the sun. I don't believe much in coincidence. I look for physical laws and circumstances to explain everything. In other words people who believe there's some invisible man in the sky have to go to the writings of ignorant, primitive mankind for any support...I do not...nor will I ever.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:04 PM  

As an Honor Guard bugler I attend and play Taps for many military rites funerals and one constant seems to be that the family thinks the departed is in a better place. This seems to be the case regardless of the belief or commitment of the departed.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.