Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Reno
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: Favorite Nevada fish
Wallie 1 6.25%
Trout 14 87.50%
Bass 1 6.25%
Cats 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2010, 09:29 PM  

Carson City, Nevada
Hunting/Fishing

I would like to see all of your hunting and fishing pics for Northern Nevada. We have a bad rep for not being a great place for it so lets see your pics! I'll post mine as soon as I can figure out how to transfer from my phone. Going on a big bird hunt this weekend will make sure to take a lot of pictures.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:08 PM  

Carson City, Nevada
Forgot the camera, a friend took all the pics waiting for him to send them. It was fun but there were rattlesnakes everywhere three of us only got 5 birds for three days they went to a different spot and are still out there. Ran into some ruffed grouse then my gun jammed all in all it was a lot of fun.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:06 AM  

Reno, NV
Decent ram that I took outside of walker lake this year. Excellent Hunt.

One of the streams we crossed finding it

Another shot of some rams we saw.

Photo of some of the terrain.

Hard to find something like this anywhere else in the world.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:12 PM  

Reno, NV
Fishing ?'s

Hi all, next summer I plan on going up on the Rubicon trail and fishing some of the mountain lakes. My question is this, Are all the lakes up in the mountains in California? If so, how much is an out of state license in Ca.? Or have the greenies shut all that down.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Gary
Old 11-17-2010, 05:57 PM  

Carson City, Nevada
Wow! I envy you, I have yet to go on a ram hunt in Nevada. beautiful thanks for sharing!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:10 PM  

Carson City, Nevada
As for the Rubicon trail there is great fishing all over, you should get both CA and NV licenses just to be safe. There is different regulations at different spots. Your best bet for river/creek fishing in CA is to just use barbless fly's. You should check out the Tahoe rim trail and fish the Hobart reservoir.

The "greenies" are infesting NV also they fail to understand that the best conservationists are the hunters and anglers. If we didn't maintain and control the populations. Invasive species would infest our waters and there would be deer and coyotes eating there gardens and pets. Then they would hold meetings and rallies on what to do with them then spend millions of dollars to pin them up, then frrek out when they see how unhealthing the animals become when they are pinned. Just like our freaking "wild horse" situation that we have here.

Sorry I begin to rant when it comes to uneducated, self proclaimed, naturalist/hippies/greenies.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:42 PM  

Winnemucca, NV
wow nice ram. what area did you get that in? looks very similar to my neck of the woods... err sagebrush.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:52 PM  

Sparks, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertShadow View Post
Decent ram that I took outside of walker lake this year. Excellent Hunt.

One of the streams we crossed finding it

Another shot of some rams we saw.

Photo of some of the terrain.

Hard to find something like this anywhere else in the world.

I have to say Jack man I take some good pictures. You didnt mention it took us 8 hours to pack that sheep out. But the hunt rocked
Old 11-19-2010, 02:59 PM  

Sparks, Nevada
Chucker is a way to run your ass off!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:03 PM  

Sparks, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anax View Post
Wow! I envy you, I have yet to go on a ram hunt in Nevada. beautiful thanks for sharing!
Yay, tell me about it, I have been putting in for 26 years for that tag and my buddy jack in the picture drew with NO points. I didn't know weather to be his guide or thump him!!!!!! He did a great jub for his first real big game hunt, luck basterd

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Reno
Bookmark this Page!