Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Reno
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 12:19 PM  

Gardnerville
Ever check out this guy's stuff?

Google Image Result for http://www.liquidinplastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/mikywayvertpano.jpg

Awesome pics of the night sky over northern Nevada...he inspires me to get out and check out some of the places he goes...

Old 12-31-2010, 03:31 PM  

nevada
If your up for a bit more of a drive than head to the northest corner and check us out. The are plenty of hiking and photo ops to keep you busy for a long time.

The Ruby Mountains are like a trip into The Rockies, and if your feeling really adventurous, a trip in the old town of Jarbidge is well worth the rough 4 hour ride. The road is do-able (is that a word?) in a car but a four wheel drive would be prefered.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:54 PM  

Reno, Nevada
Moved from the beaches of So Cal to Northern NV 18 years ago. Moved up to raise the kids in the great outdoors. There is so much to see within minutes of the house.

We love fourwheeling and boating and the trails and lakes in this area can't be beat!!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:39 PM  

Carson City, NV
Beautiful place to check out, not too far, is the June Lake loop, about 3.5 hours south of Reno, straight down 395. Absolutely amazing hiking, fishing, camping, kayaking; it's an outdoor paradise.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:05 PM  

Carson City, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler View Post
the old town of Jarbidge is well worth the rough 4 hour ride. The road is do-able (is that a word?) in a car but a four wheel drive would be prefered.
Has the road become more of a 4x4 road? I remember it being pretty smooth unless you actually took a "trail."
Old 01-25-2011, 07:02 PM  

nevada
When i went i came in from the Idaho side and it was pretty rough. When i left i took the southern route and that was decent. but still had a few rough places. Im sure it just depends on what time of year you use it and how well they're mantaining it. I believe the southern route is the one most frequently used

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Reno
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.