Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Reno
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 06:00 PM  

mesquite, nevada
I love the breweries -- the new Great Basin at Virginia and MacCarran and Silver Peak. For sushi, Hiroba Sushi on Skyline is by far the best--really fresh, really unique rolls. And pieces are bite size, not too much rice.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:34 AM  

Rochester, NY, New York
Awesome suggestions, will be there in a couple weeks for work. I guess I have to check out Awful Awful!

Old 10-18-2010, 01:35 PM  

Reno, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Jazz has the best pecan pie I've ever had in my life. Simply amazing.
I haven't tried it, and I was just there a couple nights ago. I need to go back. I love pecan pie. Thx Redbeard
Old 11-18-2010, 10:29 AM  

Reno, Nevada
Imperial Bar & Lounge (Arlington & 2nd) is pretty delish. They also have a fantastic beer selection.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:42 AM  
I drink your milkshake

Reno, NV, Nevada
Ive been really impressed with Firkin and Wolf in S.Reno in the Summit Sierra shopping centre. The fare has been tasty, the service is good and a nice selection of brews on tap, including Nitro taps. My fav beer has to be the Old Speckled Hen (on nitro). Black and Blue burger is phenomenal and the bread pudding is to die for.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:20 PM  

Reno, Nevada
GOTTA love the Awful Awful (they serve it at The Wolf's Den, where Fritz' used to be)

Best brewpub is Great Basin! Icky is irreplaceable (by far my favorite IPA), their chili beso is surprisingly refreshing in the summer, and their big seasonals like the wet-hopped Hop-a-Saur is fantastic.

For classier dining with more reasonable prices I'd definitely suggest Wild River Grille. It's located on Virgina and... well, the river. It's in the old Riverside Hotel building, where EJ's Jazz Cafe used to be. The food is amazing, wide beer selection and creative cocktails, and the musical talent they get creates an unforgettable atmosphere. Their patio facing the river is one of my favorite places to eat, have a beer, or listen to music on a cool summer night.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:57 AM  

Carson City, Nevada
The Naked Fish is an amazing sushi place in South Lake Tahoe. The dress code is Tahoe casual. It's special because they fly in their sushi I think every 2 or 3 days fresh. It has a very different taste and texture compared to all the other sushi places I've ever been.

Here's their website The Naked Fish Sushi Restaurant - Lake Tahoe, California

Here's their page on Google. Naked Fish Sushi Restaurant - Google Maps

Has location and all that on there. It's just straight up amazing.

The prices are a little higher because of the freshness but they are worth it. I don't remember if they do All You Can Eat or not though.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:13 PM  

Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks!

Thanks for all these great Reno/Tahoe dining tips ? please keepem' coming.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:27 PM  

Winnemucca, NV
can't believe nobody mentioned ruby river steakhouse. man they are awesome. i love the coconut shrimp and steak and the JACKETED POTATOES, just make sure you aren't on a diet when you go. they are at 2750 s. virginia st. just across from the peppermill.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:08 AM  

Reno, Nevada
Murrieta's Restaurant & Cantina
8195 S Virginia St
Reno, NV 8951
(775) 827-3585

Anchors Bar & Grill
325 Harbour Cove Dr
Reno, NV 89502
(775) 356-6888

Boulevard Pizza
1076 North Rock Boulevard
Sparks, NV 89431
(775) 359-2124

Black Bear Diner
235 N. McCarran
Sparks, NV 89431
(775) 356-1138
(Hugh breakfast plates)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Reno
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads