Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Reno
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-19-2011, 08:06 PM  
OU812

Vancouver, WA
Rubicon Trail

Anyone been on the Rubicon Trail lately ? I havn't been there in 4 or 5 years now. LUV wheeling it tho. Lil Box is always fun. We camp there.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:59 PM  

Carson City, Nevada
I will be going this year... I remember years back we were constantly picking up after other people, now the rules are much more strict, which I see as a good thing.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:05 PM  

Carson City, NV
For those who don't know, you can't go on the Rubicon Trail with your mom's Dodge Omni.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:10 PM  

Carson City, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300d4sale View Post
For those who don't know, you can't go on the Rubicon Trail with your mom's Dodge Omni.
Well you can, but she won't be happy with the "light" body/mechanical damage. :X
Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 AM  
I drink your milkshake

Reno, NV, Nevada
I hit up the Rubicon about 6 times in 2010. Its always a pain in the bum for me and my group to get through big sluice when theres a bunch of budget boosted, open/open TJ's on a trek.. when we're in full on competition rock buggies. Im not trying to rant.. but good trail etiquette is to let those who can make it, to play through.. but anyways.. its the fun of the adventure.

I finally hiked across the dam at B.I.L. and up the hill.. there are some really cool pools up there from a small stream. It was pretty awesome.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:24 PM  

Wisconsin
One of these days I will tackle the Rubicon. After 6 years of Moab for a week at a time, I feel that I am ready! It's only the long trip form here that I hate.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:37 PM  

Reno, Nevada
I plan on making my first trip this year. The Jeep is very close to being ready with the roll cage going in in February. Really looking forward to it.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:32 AM  
OU812

Vancouver, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I hit up the Rubicon about 6 times in 2010. Its always a pain in the bum for me and my group to get through big sluice when theres a bunch of budget boosted, open/open TJ's on a trek.. when we're in full on competition rock buggies. Im not trying to rant.. but good trail etiquette is to let those who can make it, to play through.. but anyways.. its the fun of the adventure.

I finally hiked across the dam at B.I.L. and up the hill.. there are some really cool pools up there from a small stream. It was pretty awesome.
I agree with you Bro ! I have set for hours and hours waiting on a broke birfield, or a busted something and the dude has no common courtesy to move over or to at least let the line of 25 to 30 rigs that is piling up behind him go by.
But, it is time spent meeting new peeps, eating lunch or just enjoying the scenery.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:29 AM  

Do not under estimate this trail it can humble you very fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudsoner View Post
One of these days I will tackle the Rubicon. After 6 years of Moab for a week at a time, I feel that I am ready! It's only the long trip form here that I hate.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:02 AM  

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepj20 View Post
Do not under estimate this trail it can humble you very fast.
I definitely will not under estimate it, but I still want to do it one of these days!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Reno
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads