Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Rhode Island
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2010, 03:43 PM  

New London, Ct
Best Restaurant On Federal Hill

Anyone? Any style, but probably by cuisine would be good too. Thanks

Old 11-20-2010, 01:04 PM  

Lynchburg, VA
I took my wife to Camilla's on Federal Hill one weekend and it was amazing. Definitely a place you have to plan to drop a couple bucks in. Experience included valet parking very nice atmosphere, professional wait staff, amazing food, and delicious deserts. For a really nice meal with drinks, tips, etc, I paid about $180, which really isn't too bad considering what you get for the money.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:16 AM  

Providence, RI
Camilla's is definitely good, though the time i went the place was totally empty except for very loud people at the indoor bar area. The food was excellent but the waiter was getting progressively drunk throughout the night and incredibly inattentive, despite only having to work one table. Their chocolate cake is incredible. It felt like a dying restaurant except that the food was still impeccable, but everything else abut the place was suffering.

In terms of Federal Hill food, i prefer to eat at places off Atwells, usually in the Broadway-Westminster area where the food is more affordable, and the drinking is less wine-centric. Julian's Restaurant is my go-to because of their exceptional draft list, high quality food, numerous and diverse specials, and the ambiance is more my flavor.

Ama's is super tasty Japanese food, offering a welcome respite from the pan-Asian crap or sushi-centric worldviews of all the other Asian restaurants. The suspicious lack of Asian folks in the restaurant is odd, but the food is so so good. My favorite is the veggie noodle bowl.

Nick's on Broadway is also highly-acclaimed though i have only been there for brunch, which is definitely worthy of the accolades its been given in the RI Monthly over the years. I assume, given the quality of brunch, a typically poor showing at other restaurants, that their lunch and dinner would also be good. I did find their errant container of hollandaise sauce in their expediting area to be odd and the chef yells a lot for an open kitchen.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:16 PM  

North Providence, Rhode Island
Andino's, Italian Food for sure. Not over priced and it feels like you mom is making the food

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Rhode Island
Bookmark this Page!