Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2010, 06:50 AM  

Bowling green, VA
Anyone else a Ham radio operator?

I passed the Technician Exam last Saturday and got my callsign today! I want to go take the test for my General Class soon... I was wondering if anyone else on here was a Ham?

KJ4YWT

aka Andrew

Old 12-12-2010, 11:02 PM  

Richmond, Virginia
Hey Andrew! Yes I am a ham and the Public Information Officer, Secretary and Technician Class Instructor of the Richmond Amateur Radio Club. We are one of the oldest clubs in the US and just celebrated our 81st birthday. Of course our members are not that old! In fact our youngest is 10 and a recent graduate of my Tech class is 16!

We meet the second Friday of the month at 7 PM at the Bon Air Methodist Church at 1645 Buford Road in Richmond's south side. You can Google map that for directions.

We are the school club in Richmond so our classes start up in January and are held on Tuesdays at 7 PM. Our General class teacher is really kewl and knows tons about radio and even builds his own! So if you make one of our meetings I'll introduce you to him.

Hope to see you in January. What kind of rig do you have? If you're on 2 meters check out 146.88 and you'll probably hear me on there at some point.

Regards,

Rob, KC4NYK

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Bookmark this Page!