Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-19-2010, 07:42 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
Best Sandwich Shop in Richmond & Environs?

I was born and bred in Philly, but wherever I have lived I have endeavored to find a really good deli and sandwich shop to frequent. Not a chain restaurant, but something family run with authentic local flavor. So far Richmond is coming up short. There are a couple good places in Richmond proper, Bernie's being the shining star, but can anyone recommend such a place on the southside? And no, Fireside Subs does not count. I want an old wiseguy behind the counter, not a 17-year-kid.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:32 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
I can't attest to more than Ukrop's old panini's, but the best burger in town is definitely at Cary Town Burgers And Fries.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:36 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
The "very best" BURGER will be found at "ROY'S BIGBURGER" on Lakeside Avenue, just immediately North of Bryan Park.......been going there since '63 and will recommend it to everyone...
Old 12-21-2010, 10:57 AM  
Poison Idea

Patrick Henry Pub in Church Hill def has the best burger in town.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:48 AM  

Richmond, VA
Comparing Roy's to Carytown B&F is kind of hard to do, they are different. Both places have fantastic burgers, so I say just go to both and enjoy.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:07 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
While I do love a good burger every once in a while, I'm talking about sandwiches here. Hoagies, Grinders, Subs. Which I could eat every day ;-)
Old 12-23-2010, 09:54 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
I cant attest for any places in Richmond, but here in the HR area we have this little convenience store (hole in the wall place) that does sandwiches and the pressure fried food etc. Ill tell you what, those sammiches are aweeeeeeeesome. They know me as 'Mister Cheese' in there now as I order the exact same sandwich every time.
8" Cheese, No tomato, no oil, add mustard and pickles - cold.
I used to get the turkey but the cheese sub made like that is yumyumyumyumyum
Old 12-28-2010, 08:13 PM  

Prince George, VA
Well I don't know about the Southside but NY Deli in Carytown is my go to spot for sandwiches. I especially love their Build Your Own option. Tarrant's Cafe has a Tilapia Reuben that is outstanding. Blacksheep's battleships are enough fro 3 people.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:22 AM  

Richmond, VA
Coppolas in cary town & Super Stars on Patterson are two of my favorites.
Enjoy
Old 12-29-2010, 12:08 PM  

Richmond, VA
I second Coppola's for a downtown spot. Out in the burbs, Padow's is pretty good for a quick, inexpensive lunch.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.