Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2010, 09:42 PM  

Bowling green, VA
Cool places to see in Richmond

How about we all post some cool places to see, hang out, go to, etc. in Richmond. One of my favorites is the Byrd Theater on Cary Street. Cheap movies, cool theater, historical.... How about yall add some more!

Old 09-24-2010, 10:02 AM  

richmond, VA
Agreed on the Byrd. Go here to help the Byrd get a grant for much needed new seats:Help Restore The Byrd Theatre | Pepsi Refresh Everything

Also, Maymont is popular with tourists and locals alike. Beautiful grounds of a historical estate with Japanese and Italian Gardens, and a quasi--zoo

Old 09-24-2010, 03:17 PM  

Richmond, Virginia
there are a few places down on the James river that are nice. Bell Isle is alright but it's fairly popular so it can be crowded. there's also Forest Hill Park and Poney Pasture. The radio controled rock crawler club i'm in holds competitions at all three places regularly. VARCOR
Old 09-25-2010, 07:12 AM  
Poison Idea

I've been thinking about hitting up the museums lately. I've lived here my whole life and never been to any of them.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:48 PM  

Fredericksburg, Va
It may sound creepy, but I used to like (still do) going to Hollywood cemetary, LOTS OF HISTORY & Great views of the river & city.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:17 AM  

Richmond, VA
The James River park system on the South Bank of the River. Use the 43rd street parking lot and it will take you to a place on the river where you can hang out on the boulders in the middle of the river. Bring a cooler and a blanket/towel and meet some cool people too.

Not really in Richmond but the 'new' drive-in theater out in Goochland is realy cool. Especially with an old Jeep like mine--drop the windshield and you have a great view.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:23 AM  

Richmond, VA
And for restaurant bars, I have 2 recommendations:

Legend Brewery on a nice day--Sit on the deck, drink good beer and see a great view of the city skyline

Sidewalk Cafe (in the fan)--Dive bar feel, cheap beer and you have got to try the hot fries with Cheese. Man, maybe I will go there for lunch...
Old 10-14-2010, 09:18 PM  

Richmond, Virginia
Yes, I agree on the Legend Brewery. Glass of porter and a sandwich to enjoy the view.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:58 AM  
Poison Idea

Nothing touches Capital Ale for beer.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:25 PM  

richmond, virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longspur View Post
Yes, I agree on the Legend Brewery. Glass of porter and a sandwich to enjoy the view.
+1 great place to watch games

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads