Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 12:52 PM  
Lost in translation

Richmond, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyjeeps View Post
...Legend Brewery on a nice day--Sit on the deck, drink good beer and see a great view of the city skyline
+1 on Legend and it's almost time for their famous Chocolate Porter. That almost makes up for summer being over!

Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM  
Poison Idea

How are Legend's prices?

Friend of mine is a waitress there, but I've never been. I work just across the river from there in the bottom, been meaning to check it out for a while.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:43 PM  

Richmond, VA
Has anyone done the turning basin tour? How about the segway tour of the city?
Old 10-20-2010, 02:32 PM  
Poison Idea

No, but I laugh every time I see some idiot on those Segways, especially when they're wearing helmets or full padding, because you can totally die from tipping over at 5 mph.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:17 PM  

Richmond, VA
That is half the fun!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:20 PM  

Lynchburg, Virginia
Hollywood Cemetery is a sweet place to go. and Kings Dominion haha. Even though it isnt in richmond.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:11 AM  
Lost in translation

Richmond, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
How are Legend's prices?

Friend of mine is a waitress there, but I've never been. I work just across the river from there in the bottom, been meaning to check it out for a while.
It's comprable to what Richbrau in the Slip was (RIP) or maybe Chili's & Ruby Tuesday's. The beer is not cheap but it is miles better than what you would get in a can. You should give it a try (their wings are esp. good, not the same old same old sauce and they are grilled instead of fried).
Old 11-14-2010, 10:22 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Places to visit in the Richmond Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by andr3w View Post
How about we all post some cool places to see, hang out, go to, etc. in Richmond. One of my favorites is the Byrd Theater on Cary Street. Cheap movies, cool theater, historical.... How about y'all add some more!
There are several museums in Richmond, depending on what you're interested in.....Civil War, etc. Here's a great link.......look at all the Civil War Photos. If you would then like to see the actual trenches and gun emplacements, drive down Rte. 5 to Varina and tour the Richmond Battlefield Park. You can travel East on Darbytown Road from Laburnum and visit Dorey Park....nice lake there with a walking track around it, along with picnic facilities.

Dorey Park Lake

If you happen to really be into the Civil War statistics, here's a great link I just ran across.

The Civil War in Virginia

Visit the "City Locks" (Great Ship Lock Park - Dock Street)on the James River-Kanawha Canal (which was designed by George Washington as an inland waterway)(see "Tobacco Row" - the original Tobacco Factorys, now condos, as you drive along Dock Street - don't overlook the "Flood Gate" {18th & Dock})....then drive on down to the "Upper Terminal" and docks to view the City, looking upriver (James River) from the deep water terminal dock (should see some fishermen there). There may be a cruise ship there for touring (was last time I was there). Then you can view the old "Fulton Gas Works" with it's cobble stone entrance street. From there, travel up 25th Street (from Main Street)to "Libby Hill Parkl" and Chimborazo Park on "Church Hill" to overlook the James River and visit the Church where Patrick Henry gave his famous speech. Traveling back downtown on Main Street you'll drive by the "Poe Museum" (Edgar Allen Poe's home)(20th & Main)While in the East End, visit some of the old houses that are being renovated.
For Hikers, here is a link you can peruse....lists many trail systems around the Richmond Area..

Varina Trails | Varina Parks | Virginia
Cool places to see in Richmond-great-ships-locks-james-river-kanawha-canal-tobacco-row-background.jpg 

Old 11-23-2010, 11:26 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
I didn't know Legends had wing but I have not been there in a about 6-8 yrs. It definately is nice to sit outside there with the view. I have been drinking more of the Brown Ale here lately, when I have drank Legends.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:32 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
I haven't been to Legends in about 8 yrs but it was nice to sit on the deck and drink beer. I have been drinking the Brown Ale here lately. that is when I have had legends that is what I have been drinking.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads