Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2011, 02:14 PM  

Mountain Biking in Richmond

For those interested in mountain biking, Richmond's James River Park System is an excellent and challenging course. Trails include, Buttermilk, Buttermilk Heights, Forest Hill Park, and the North Trail.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:08 PM  

richmond, VA
word. I agree, and they're only getting better, thanks to the vision on Nathan Burrell (sp?) and crew.

There's also Powhite Park, Pocahontas, Poor Farm in Ashland, even Deep Run has some off the pavement now.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:35 PM  

Richmond, VA, Virginia
That's good to hear!
I used to ride a lot, but mostly from Tredegar, the Belle Isle loop, up to 42nd/Forest Hill, and back. Gets boring fast

I used to live near the W&OD (NoVa), and I'd ride 30 miles twice a week. Asphalt, yeah, but no crowds, very few stops (Vienna-Ashburn), and AWESOME to really keep my cardiovascular in good shape.

Are there any plain old open trails that are several miles long, but not technical?? I'm 40, and I don't have any insurance, so I try to ride conservatively....
Old 06-21-2012, 03:41 PM  

Richmond,Va., Virginia
My wife rides with the meetup group alot, I would but I hate wearing a stupid ass helmet ...I could maybe see it for road biking, but I survived riding bikes with out one for 40 years, I think I know how to ride a bike.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Bookmark this Page!