Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2010, 08:10 AM  

Richmond, VA
Restaurants in Richmond Area

Hi, I am not a foodie but do like to have a nice meal in a place with some ambiance - which could be a country western 'down home' kind of place or a place with dark intimate feel with good jazz - it all depends on my (or my wife's) mood.

What I would like to do is have folks chime in with places they liked and why and/or places they didn't like so much and why.

I'll start - First I would like to say I have had tapas at Emilios new location in the far west end - the food was excellent and service was good.

I recently had dinner at Havana 59 which has a great atmosphere and good drinks but the food was mediocre - perhaps they really wanted you to feel like you were in Havana in '59.

I look forward to hearing from folks!

Old 11-17-2010, 06:07 AM  

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Mekong is a great place for Vietnamese food and imported beer. One of my farvorite restaurants in Richmond weather you are going in for food or just a beer.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:14 AM  

Trumbull, CT
Best Restaurants Goochland County Richmond Virginia Tanglewood Ordinary Country Style Restaurant

Tanglewood Ordinary was one of my favorite spots when I was growing up!

Comfort - Richmond, VA

Comfort is also top notch.

Both are very casual!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:04 AM  

Virginia
I ran into an interesting place in Falls Church the other weekend.
Bangkok Blues- it's a Thai place with live blues music on weekends. Not the kind of mix you'd expect, but the food was pretty good, and the music was entertaining.

Whoops, you asked about Richmond.
Mojos is great after a night at the bar. Cuba Cuba is a good little hole-in-the-wall cuban place. Haha, I can't remember what street any of these places are on, as I always walked there with friends who were in college there.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:34 AM  

I would agree with mekong. Its quite good, with a great beer selection.

My picks would be:

Umi - This is a sushi place, and the best in richmond that ive tasted. It isnt super cheap, but everything is prepared very well. It's normally around $25-$30 person.

mamma zu -This is the best italian restaurant ive ever eaten in! Eggplant parm is amazing.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:10 PM  
JLW

Richmond, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_homebrewer View Post
Mekong is a great place for Vietnamese food and imported beer. One of my farvorite restaurants in Richmond weather you are going in for food or just a beer.
I was also going to Mekong. I also like Capital Ale House Midlothian location. For a steak I highly recommend Buckheads a little pricey but the food is incredible and its a great place for a special occasion out.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:01 PM  

ive never been to buckheads. i only get to the richmond area every couple months but will give it a try next time im there! thanks JLW

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Richmond
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.