Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Roanoke
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2010, 01:02 PM  

Blacksburg, Virginia
Beer/Home brewing stores in the area

Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg is a great place for imported and domestic beer and wine.

EATS has some homebrewing supplies.

I know there is a home brewing store in Roanoke, but haven't visited it yet. Are there any other places in the New River Valley/Roanoke/Salem area?

Old 11-20-2010, 12:55 PM  

Lynchburg, VA
I believe there is a Blueridge Hydroponics in Roanoke that sells brewings supplies as well. I am down in Lynchburg and we have a place out in Forest call Pints O Plenty. He primarily sells homebrewing supplies but has a great selection of beers for sale as well.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:20 PM  

Covington, Virginia
Washington Street Purveyors in Lexington has a decent selection of beer and wine. No homebrew stuff, though.

I've been meaning to hit the Vintage Cellar(hour and forty min. drive for me) some time. My wife has a friend in Christiansburg. Maybe I can propose a visit that will put me conveniently near by.

I have hit Blue Ridge Hydroponics in a pinch. Nice folks run the place. Small inventory, unless they have expanded recently. Its the closest homebrew shop to me at about a hour drive, so I mostly order supplies online.

Star City Brewers Guild is a Roanoke homebrew club that you could possibly contact for local resources.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:55 AM  

Jacksonville, NC
How helpful are the stores in Roanoke? My father just started brewing and will have questions I'm sure.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:13 AM  

Roanoke, VA
Blue Ridge Hydroponics is in Roanoke. It' up on Williamson Rd in the Lamplighter Shopping Center north of Hershberger.

If you have questions about brewing or want to come during an open brewing session to observe or assist somebody, to learn all about it, just drop a line to the Star City Brewers Guild (SCBG) mailbox.
starcity@googlegroupsdotcom

(change dot to .)
Old 12-21-2010, 06:15 AM  

Roanoke, VA
Does Pints O' Plenty have a website yet?
I've heard of the place but don't know where it is.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:31 PM  

Lynchburg, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert
Does Pints O' Plenty have a website yet?
I've heard of the place but don't know where it is.
The site is http://www.pintsoplenty.com. But he isn't really set up for online so to speak. The shop is in the pedler antique mall in Forest.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:11 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
Blue Ridge Hydroponics is in Roanoke. It' up on Williamson Rd in the Lamplighter Shopping Center north of Hershberger.
Is that up near Happy's? I am interested in learning how to start homebrewing so I will have to check it out! Thanks!
Old 02-09-2011, 04:15 AM  

Roanoke, VA
Yes, as you are heading towards Peter's Creek, Happy's is on the right, Blue Ridge Hydroponics is in Lamplighter Shopping center a little further up on the left.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Roanoke
Bookmark this Page!