Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Rochester
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2011, 11:25 PM  
JCJ
RENT-a-MOD

Webster, New York
Good deal man.

I'm confident you will be happy with them, either way be sure and let us know..

Old 03-10-2011, 10:30 AM  

East Rochester, New York
Seemed like nice guys. $86 for alignment. They didn't hesitate to get me in. Dropped it off Tuesday night and it was done by 10AM Wednesday. I THINK its better but the wind was blowing me all over the road yesterday so who knows! Its a lot better at higher speeds I know that. I think the guys who did my inspection kept the socket for my lugs so I wasn't able to get my tires rotated/balanced. That may have made a more noticeable difference. I will definitely go back. Thanks for the recommendation!

Old 03-21-2011, 10:21 AM  

Glad to hear you had a good experience with them. I will keep them in mind just in case.

I unfortunately have not had good luck in my latest experience with the local Cadillac dealer here in Rochester. I took my Escalade in recently after it lost 3rd & 4th gears 2 weeks ago. I was told the sprag clutch was bad and it was a rare occurrence that he has never seen come back after repair. He calls me the next day around 11:00 am to say it is done. Now in the mean time I did a little research on this issue and found out it is a very common issue and there is even a service bulletin for it issued by GM back in 2007. Apparently the transmission used in some of the GM trucks is the same used in some cars so it is a light duty transmission that has no business in any trucks or SUV's. I kept wondering how a guy that rarely sees this issue fixed it so quickly when it involves removing the tranny on this AWD vehicle, etc. The service provided the first time around was adequate. The service from Enterprise car rental was stellar.

Fast forward 2 weeks to today. The tranny has again lost 3rd & 4th gears, only about 2oo miles on it. So I called the dealer this morning and he tells me that when I get the truck there he'll let me know what he finds. I clarify that he wants me to arrange getting my truck to him to which he responds "yes". Now the first time it happened, they arranged towing by their contracted towing company. This time he tells me they don't have a tow truck. I tell him I know they don't "own" a tow truck but that all dealers have a contracted towing company. He says "he thinks" they use company XXX, but that I needed to arrange and pay for any towing I need. I was floored... I expected them to fall all over themselves to make this right. I mean I just gave them $4000 for a repair, a major repair that has failed leaving me stranded with no vehicle. This to me is terrible customer service for any company. I have a Mercedes Benz that gives first class service no matter what the issue. They cover their cars with free roadside service for the life of the car! Cadillac acts like I am bothering them when I want them to fix their problem.

If they find "new" problems I will pay for them, but this seems to be exactly the same issue. Am I wrong in my thinking they should do what it takes to correct the issue? Why is it that companies today never want to own up to problems they have? They would rather stonewall you instead of correcting their issues once they have your cash. It is just sad.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 AM  

Lima, NY
Stop down and ask to talk to the Service Manager. Explain to him/her what was done last time and now what you're being told. I believe most, if not all, parts are guaranteed for 30-90 days, the same for service repairs.

If you do not get satisfaction, then ask to talk to the General Manager.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York > Rochester
Bookmark this Page!