Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-26-2010, 04:54 PM  

Grass Valley, Ca.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesalum View Post
There is yet another club, east of Sacramento in the Placerville area; H.A.Z.E., H.A.Z.E. - Hangtown Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts

For brewing supplies there are;
1) The Brewmeister in Folsom, CA; The Brewmeister, Northern California's Source for Beer & Wine Suppli
2) Original Homebrew Outlet Inc; Beer wine cheese vinegar making Original Home Brew Outlet
Didn't I read about H.A.Z.E in a zymurgy magazine?

Old 11-30-2010, 03:56 PM  

Lodi, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattozan View Post
Quick plug for Tim and Brew Ferment Distill--best brewing supply shop in Sacramento (as well as winemaking, cheesemaking, distilling, etc.) In the summer he's got fresh hops from Kingbird Farms in Galt. Friendly & convenient.

Good to hear I will have to check them out

Old 12-02-2010, 11:33 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie500sl View Post
I'm a brewer out in Roseville. Just checked out Gold Country Brew Club which meets in Sacramento the second tuseday of every month. Check out goldcountrybrewers.org. Pretty cool group of people, worth checking out. Brewmeister in folosm is a good supply shop, though I have to admit I buy 90% of my supplies online.
Week days are pretty much impossible for me to meet up due to my schedule. I am free every weekend however.

There is the argument about supporting your local resources because without your support they wouldn't be local. When that happens you are forced to get stuff through the mail. Can't really do spur of the moment things then.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:49 AM  

California
I went and visited Tim at Brew, Ferment, Distill. He seemed like a great guy just trying to make a career out of his passion. He had his two kids in the shop and had a little area setup where they could watch TV, play video games, etc. It was kind of charming and took me back to the old days of a family run store.

It is getting harder and harder to justify the higher local prices with gas prices being so high. It costs me the same amount of $ in gas as it does to ship to my door. Tim's prices aren't much different than other LHBS, but they're still 20% higher than I can find online because he has overhead. I paid $58 for a 24lb grain bill. Granted, it was all specialty malts with Maris Otter being the base malt, but still fairly high.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:26 PM  
Beer is now cheaper than

Rancho Cordova, California
Any members of H.A.Z.E. care to comment of there group? I live off Sunrise and Hwy 50. Any idea when and where they meet?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:34 AM  

Modesto
I have been homebrewing for about 25yrs. Our local group is the Modesto Mashers.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:35 AM  

Modesto
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakey View Post
Anyone know of a homebrew shop in Stockton? we need one!
No but there is one in Modesto called Barley and Wine.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:18 AM  

Elk Grove, CA
I've been Home brewing for about 3 years now and started up a local group of brewers, beer judges and hop growers who try to get to get together once a month for some kind of brewing related activity or outing. almost half of our group are beer judges. So if this sounds like a fit for you feel free to check us out. There are other great brew clubs depending on where you are located or what you are looking for in the Sacramento vicinity. GCBA, Haze, Greenbelt, Modesto Mashers, Brew Angles and Elk Grove Brewers are the ones that come to mind. Find the one that best fits your needs and get involved. The more involvement the better the club and the outcome you will get. We meet a couple different locations, Pangaea's for club competitions and at other member's homes for brew nights. In fact we have a brew night tonight.
Tim @ BFD will get you anything you need if it's not in stock. He will go out of his way to make it happen. Since he isn't established quite yet in the homebrew market like some of his competitors in the area he has some growing pains but is getting through them very dilligently and trying to be the homebrew shop in Sacramento. Cheers.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:00 PM  

fairfield, CA
I am in Green Belt and we have about 50 members now and some very knowledgable people. I also heard BFD got the ability to fill CO2 bottles now. That guy is really stepping up and trying to make a quailty shop.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:45 PM  

BFD is at 3527 Broadway Sacramento, CA 95817 if anyone wants to know. I haven't been to the LHBS on Auburn yet but the one in Folsom is a pretty good drive for me.

Not much to their website yet.
Brew Ferment Distill - Sacramento, California

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads