Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2010, 11:17 AM  

Berkeley, California
Best Place to Live in Central Sacramento

Hey, I may be moving from Davis to Sac in a few months. Ideally, I would like to be biking distance from Downtown and Midtown. I live with my girlfriend and two cats. We'd preferably like to rent a small house, but a large 2BR apartment would do. What neighborhood should we check out? What are some pros and cons of the different neighborhoods in central Sac?

For example:

Midtown:

Pro - fun, central, walkable/bikable, everything is nearby

Con - relatively expensive, few houses to rent

Old 11-19-2010, 11:46 AM  

Sacramento, CA
I use to live in Del Paso Manor in Arden-Arcade. There are some house rentals in DPM. It's a nice neighborhood that was built in the late 40's and early 50's. Boundaries are Marconi Road to the north, Watt Avenue to the west, Eastern Road to the east and Maryal Dr/Ione Street to the south.

Pros: Close to American River bike trail (3 miles). Take Mission Ave south to Arden Wat. Take Arden Way east to William Pond Park. Country Club Mall is near so you don't have to take your chances on getting shot at Arden Fair Mall. Walking distance to grocery store; Raley's at corner of Watt Ave and Marconi.

Cons: Some of the yards are not kept up very well.

Old 11-20-2010, 12:14 AM  

Berkeley, California
That's way too far from midtown/downtown for us. We couldn't be further than a mile or two from midtown or downtown. Thanks, though.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:16 PM  
Beer is now cheaper than

Rancho Cordova, California
Downtown near 28th & P is cheap, anything below F street and lower than 16 is also inexpensive. You would have to deal with the homeless, although they are quite entertaining.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:22 AM  

Well east sac is wicked expensive. That leaves you Land Park, Curtis Park, or West Sac.

South Land Park is nice too but it's getting out there. And any farther south of South Land Park or east of Curtis Park is Ghetto. West Sac has it's bad parts too mostly the housing around West Capitol. I'm not sure if the I street bridge has pedestrian access. I know the capitol bridge does, Bus80/50 doesn't, and those are the only three bridges into sac.

Hope that helps. Now just get out there and look.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.