Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2010, 06:57 PM  
Middle Aged Member

Roseville, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWorm View Post
OK, I'll pass that one along to my kid... she loves sushi. If she does'nt agree, you're gonna hear about it!

WRM
They also have a few noodle bowls that are really good. It's the new thing in Japanese cuisine.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:56 PM  

Sacramento, California
im more of a fan of hole-in-the-wall places than big fancy schmancy restaurants.

favorite chinese place is in Carmichael on Fair Oaks Blvd. right next to the McDonald's. its called Blue Sky. its mandarin and Szesuan (sp?)

favorite mexican is in downtown close to the Capitol. its called Vallejo's. sssoooo good.

and ive heard good things about Bucca di Beppo's. i have yet to go there but ive never heard anything bad.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:17 PM  
Middle Aged Member

Roseville, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster83 View Post
im more of a fan of hole-in-the-wall places than big fancy schmancy restaurants.

favorite chinese place is in Carmichael on Fair Oaks Blvd. right next to the McDonald's. its called Blue Sky. its mandarin and Szesuan (sp?)

favorite mexican is in downtown close to the Capitol. its called Vallejo's. sssoooo good.

and ive heard good things about Bucca di Beppo's. i have yet to go there but ive never heard anything bad.

I've been to Vallejo's. They have great Chili Rellenos. It can get real crowded for lunch. Unless it's a furlough Friday.

As far as Bucca goes. Some people say that the sauce tastes like it came out of a can. It's good for large groups, and kids. I've been there so many times, I don't care to go back.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:29 PM  

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
I've been to Vallejo's. They have great Chili Rellenos. It can get real crowded for lunch. Unless it's a furlough Friday.

As far as Bucca goes. Some people say that the sauce tastes like it came out of a can. It's good for large groups, and kids. I've been there so many times, I don't care to go back.
appreciate the input. what kind of setting/experience should i expect from Bucca's if/when i go?

also as far as big restaurants go im a huge fan of Claim Jumper's. worth the wait IMO. and they now take reservations.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:31 PM  

Sacramento, California
also, best place to eat in the Sac are is my house when my wife cooks. im not kidding when i say that literally everything shes ever made for me has been DE-****ING-LICIOUS!!

just thought id throw that in there.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:01 PM  
Middle Aged Member

Roseville, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster83 View Post
appreciate the input. what kind of setting/experience should i expect from Bucca's if/when i go?

also as far as big restaurants go im a huge fan of Claim Jumper's. worth the wait IMO. and they now take reservations.

There's a whole bunch of stuff all over the walls. It all has to do with Italy or Italian Americans. The waiters are all energetic. The portions are big. I just think that Macaroni Grill has better Italian food.

I have no problem with Claim Jumpers, but I have never been to a restaurant with so many obese customers before. I've been there several times, and it's always the same.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:43 AM  

Reno, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
Hi Scot, so this is why your not around anymore. You should have lots of reviews, considering how long your kitchen was being remodeled.

My first best review is Sky Sushi in Roseville. Forget Mikuni"s, unless you like waiting an hour to eat. Sky Sushi is never so busy that they can't seat you right away. And their prices go from reasonable, to cheap. They have a discount rolls section in the menu, that's just as good as any other's main roll section. Oh and did I mention that they are very intimate and quite. The perfect place for a romantic dinner.

I guess they have one in El Dorado hills also. I tried to open their web page, but the server is down. Here is a Yelp page for them.

Sky Sushi - Roseville, CA
thats an X2 on Sky Sushi!!! that place is delicious!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:28 PM  

Sacramento, California
I found that Buca di Beppo was long on large portions, but short on quality. (but, I'm Italian )

I like the Carnitas at Ernesto's at 16th and S Sts.

I also really like La Fiesta. they're on Alhambra Bl. next to Safeway. I've never had a bad meal there. It's a family kind of place, it's clean and the staff is very friendly. It's well priced as well. I'm addicted to their Carne Asada Burritos.

If you want some excellent Cabbage Rolls, Goulash or Chicken Paprikash, try Cafe Marika on J St. between 20th and 21st Sts. They're open for lunch M-F and dinner on Thu, Fri. & Sat. They also do an excellent Pork Schnitzel.

Roxie Deli sandwiches are incredible. There isn't a bad one on the menu. Lunch time can be crowded, but they have a bunch of folks working and the wait isn't too bad at all. The reason they're crowded is because the food is that good.

There's lots more, but those are some that quickly come to mind.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:21 PM  
Rockin' the Rockies

Pueblo, CO, Colorado
I always liked Fat City in Old Sacramento.

Haven't been there in years and I don't even know if it closed like China Camp next door did (another favorite).
Old 09-25-2010, 09:27 PM  
Middle Aged Member

Roseville, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuthin View Post
I always liked Fat City in Old Sacramento.

Haven't been there in years and I don't even know if it closed like China Camp next door did (another favorite).
It's still there. I was at the Jazz Festival in May, and walked right by it. I haven't eaten there in years though. There's a Fat's in Roseville now. The same family owns it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads