Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2010, 03:07 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
O.K. heres another one. OZ Korean BBQ at 3343 Bradshaw Rd. 15 min. form downtown Sac. off Hwy.50 This palce is fun as the tables have gas BBQ grills built into the table tops and you can grill your own. Been here several times in last year and everything has been very good.

Oz Korean BBQ - TheMenuPage.com Point Click Enjoy It's All Here

Old 10-27-2010, 04:21 PM  
Community Active

Florence, OR
Living in Oregon now but a transplant from Folsom, so here is my list:

For Italian - Viconti's in Folsom Folsom Restaurants | Folsom Italian Restaurant | Visconti's Restaurant | Elegant Italian Restaurant Simply outstanding!!

For beer and burgers - Samuel Horne’s Tavern on Sutter Street and Manderes at 402 East Bidwell. Both establishments have great food and a selection of craft beers that is unmatched.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:59 PM  
Middle Aged Member

Roseville, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
Not exactly in Sacramento, close however, but a couple of places I frequent for breakfast are Susie's Country Oaks Cafe at 500-G Cirby Way in Roseville and Awful Annies at 490 G St. in Lincoln. (G St. is Hwy 65 through town)

Suzies is an average casual little diner like place which usually is packed in early A.M. and weekends. Lunch is so so but breakfast is real good. Their omlets and N.Y. Steak and eggs are mostly what we go there for.

Awful Annies is a bit more up scale yet casual and everything I've had there so far is superb especially their omlets.
First of all, your name looks awfully familiar. People might get us confused. Secondly I have to disagree about Suzie's. I ate there once when I was getting my car worked on. The coffee was terrible, and the food was below average. It was busy, and I did run into an old friend of mine, but I will never go back. Awful Annie's is much better, if you're in Lincoln. Oh, and Cattleman's is great too. Just make sure you have a reservation.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:55 PM  

Sacramento, CA
One of my favorite joints is called Cho Dang Tofu House, off of Folsom Blvd, in the La Riviera area. Great prices, very very authentic Korean food (of course, I'm Irish, not Korean, so I'm taking someone's word for that) and very nice wait staff. I think it's a family operation.

I'll agree that the Buckhorn is good, and if you're going that way Morrison's Upstairs in Woodland is also very nice.

But as this thread is about Sacramento...

I also strongly recommend Marrakech on Fulton. Especially on Friday and Saturday nights around 7:30, when the entertainment is live.

Belly dancers, dude. Belly dancers.

Of course, I can't go to Buca di Beppo's ever since my uncle had his birthday party there dressed as the Pope, with his pregnant daughter dressed as a nun...
Old 11-01-2010, 10:15 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
First of all, your name looks awfully familiar. People might get us confused. Secondly I have to disagree about Suzie's. I ate there once when I was getting my car worked on. The coffee was terrible, and the food was below average. It was busy, and I did run into an old friend of mine, but I will never go back. Awful Annie's is much better, if you're in Lincoln. Oh, and Cattleman's is great too. Just make sure you have a reservation.
Sorry for the familiar name here but I go by it on several other sites and the B is my last name inital. Now I know of only one other person that goes by Mr.B in real life from time to time other than myself and that is how we commonly refer to each other since the 1970's.

Also, I'll have to agree with you, Suzie's is not what it used to be since the Harms sold it some years ago. I don't live close there anymore and only go three or four times a year now. Guess I've been lucky with the food there, the few times I been there, since I moved away from Roseville.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:49 AM  
Middle Aged Member

Roseville, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
Sorry for the familiar name here but I go by it on several other sites and the B is my last name inital. Now I know of only one other person that goes by Mr.B in real life from time to time other than myself and that is how we commonly refer to each other since the 1970's...
It's also what Elmo calls Dagwood Bumstead.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:33 PM  

San Jose, CA
No matter where you eat in Sac, makes sure to check out the Paragary group of restaurants. Especially take note of the amazing selection of wines that they have. The manager of the wine program, just may be in, since he spends his time at all the locations. Ask for Lonny, say that Lucas sent you, and then have been amaze you with his knowledge of wine.

Its a long shot that you'll catch him, but hes a great guy to talk to!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:00 AM  

Sacramento, CA
I'll add Tuli Bistro to the list. Great little place with a fresh new menu rotated on a daily basis. Not to mention a incredibly reasonably priced.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 AM  

Davis, California
Best BBQ

I'm in Davis and the nearest BBQ just so happens to be JR's Texas BBQ, which was horrible. Maybe I hit them up on an off night but it was so bad I haven't been back since. So what's the best Que in Sac cuz I'm starting to get desperate.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:45 AM  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I was just visiting, Brew It Up! was a pretty decent brewpub

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads