Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2011, 10:05 PM  
Master of Nothing

Gold Panning

Where in the area can a person find panning gear and a place to try their hand at panning ? Someplace that would make a great family day trip.

Thanks

Old 01-27-2011, 10:42 PM  
Scourge of Ice House Rd.

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampnFever View Post
Where in the area can a person find panning gear and a place to try their hand at panning ? Someplace that would make a great family day trip.

Thanks
One of the upcoming field trips for my wife's geology course is to do some gold panning on a 3 day weekend trip. I'm going to tag along, I'll for sure get detail on it and post something back, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:05 PM  

We frequest Hwy 49 near Auburn, and head south along the river. It is a great drive and there are many places that sell gold pans for about $10.00. It's alot of fun, but I just lose patience too fast, and have yet to find gold anywhere!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:11 PM  

go up highway 49 a bit from nevada city. the south fork of the yuba is up there, tons of places with huge rocks that stuff gets caught under. About 10 miles up from nevada city on highway 49. Nevada city is a great get away, too.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 AM  

Ya, ive been gold panning a few times but wanted to know some places around here. I have heard alot of great things about going up near Nevada City
Old 02-19-2011, 12:41 PM  

Roseville, California
i have been around forest hill area and it is allright got a few lil boogers

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!