Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM  

Moorpark, CA
Job Transfer to Rocklin

I've got a potential job transfer from SoCal (Ventura Cty to be exact) to our office in Rocklin. I'm trying to weight the pros and cons...
I'm married with a 2 year old son and one year old daughter. We're a young family who loves to be outside.
Beyond the obvious advantages of moving (housing costs, smaller area and tons of family in Marin County), what can you say about Rocklin and the surrounding area?
How does Lincoln, Orangevale, Roseville all rate as far as young families, parks, schools and crime? We're coming from a smallish town of 35k with no crime and will be looking for good schools for the kids.
What advice can you give about the different areas in and around Rocklin?

Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 AM  

Yuba City, Yuba City, CA
Since no one closer wants to chime in I'll give you my best outsider opinion. Rocklin would be the place to start but if you don't find the atmosphere you want, look East (towards Auburn) and North (Lincoln). Both have more history and rural feel but Rocklin will have more "big name" stores.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:57 AM  

Peyton, Colorado
jgarretson - I'm in a similar situation, in that I have been contacted by a headhunter looking to place me in a job in Roseville, so I'm following your thread with interest. Don't want to hijack your thread, just would like to hear any comments where Roseville and the surrounding area is concerned. My wife is originally from California and we do have some friends in the Placerville area and have spent time there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!