Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-27-2011, 10:54 AM  

Sacramento
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAngler View Post
For me it is the amazing diversity in activities within two hours any direction. You have Tahoe to the east, San Francisco to the west with the best wine country in the world in between. There is the Delta to the south for world class bass fishing and Clear Lake to the north for the same. Sacramento may not be a destination in and of itself, but there are destinations all around us.
That's exactly what I would have said! Tahoe, Reno, the beach, the bay... I love it!
Billy

Old 01-27-2011, 01:59 PM  
Scourge of Ice House Rd.

CA
My response is similar to NCALAngler's in that we've got it all either here, or in very close proximity. Within short range I can fish, hunt, camp, backpack, go four wheeling, hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, shooting, you name it. In my own local town of Orangevale I'm only a few miles from two great lakes for kayaking, fishing and swimming and there are amazing nearby roads to go motorcycling on.

Day and weekend trips to Tahoe and Reno are always fun too.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:09 PM  
Master of Nothing

Also have to like the many small lakes and ponds in the area to go fishing.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:06 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
http://kcra.cityvoter.com/best/sacramento/winners

=================================================
Announcing 2012 KCRA 3 A-List Winners!

Thanks to you, the 2012 KCRA 3 A-List contest had a great year!

We've counted over 273,000 of YOUR votes and crowned 151 businesses
as the BEST in the Sacramento area.
================================================== ==
Check all the nominees under each heading for a more complete listing:........

http://kcra.cityvoter.com/best/sacramento?alpha=1

EXAMPLE:

BEST Gourmet Grocery

http://kcra.cityvoter.com/best/gourmet-grocery/specialty-food-and-drink/sacramento

40 Nominees in Gourmet Grocery

NomineeAddressRankBoa Vista Orchards, Farm Produce2952 Carson Rd Placerville, CA #15Copperopolis Olive Oil Company621 McCarty St Copperopolis, CA #17Corti Brothers5810 Folsom Blvd Sacramento, CA #2Dedrick's Cheese312 Main St Placerville, CA #16Dominick's Italian Market & Deli8621 Auburn Folsom Rd Granite Bay, CA #12Gluten Free Specialty Market2612 J St Sacramento, CA #18Henry's Farmers MarketMultiple Locations #20Mia Sorella - Olive Oil, Vinegars & More4356 Town Center Blvd El Dorado Hills, CA #5Newcastle Produce9230 Cypress St Newcastle, CA #7Nugget MarketMultiple Locations #1Oto's Japan Food5770 Freeport Blvd Sacramento, CA #11Roseville Meat Company700 Atlantic St Roseville, CA #14Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op1900 Alhambra Boulevard Sacramento, CA #3Sprouts Farmer's Market6760 Stanford Ranch Rd Roseville, CA #9Sunflower Farmers Market401 Folsom Road Roseville, #13Sunrise Natural FoodsMultiple Locations #8Taylor's Market2900 Freeport Blvd Sacramento, CA #4The Fruit Bowl8767 E Waterloo Rd Stockton, CA #19We Olive1000 White Rock Rd El Dorado Hills, CA #6Awesome Gourmet1234 Broadway Placerville, CA Dees Meat9165 Elk Grove Florin Rd Elk Grove, CA Elliott's Natural Foods8063 Greenback Lane Citrus Heights, CA Ernie's General Store and Deli4407 E Waterloo Rd Stockton, CA Italian Importing Mercato5030 Folsom Blvd. Sacramento, CA Kolobok European Bakery & Deli Market7307 Fair Oaks Blvd Carmichael, CA Mediterranean Market & Deli1547 Fulton Ave Sacramento, CA Never Felt Better Vegan Shop2315 K St Sacramento, CA O'Brien's Market4120 Dale Rd Modesto, CA Overland Meat & Seafood Company2227 Lake Tahoe Blvd South Lake Tahoe, CA Plaza Foods7248 Murieta Pky Rancho Murieta, CA Richland Market3801 Yosemite Blvd Modesto, CA Sampino's Towne Foods1607 F St Sacramento, CA Vande Rose Farms5550 Douglas Blvd Granite Bay, CA Winterhill Olive Oil321 Main St Placerville, CA Koreana Plaza10971 Olson Dr Rancho Cordova, CA Asian Food Center1301 Broadway Sacramento, CA Archer's Butcher Block and Delicatessen5425 Mother Lode Dr Placerville, CA Palms Mediterranean Market107 S Harding Blvd Roseville, CA Sacramento Natural foods coop1900 Alhambra Blvd Sacramento, CA
Old 08-15-2012, 05:09 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
http://www.miasorella.com/alpha/
QUOTE:
The talented Melissa Lingo (as seen on Good Day Sacramento) will be performing. Melissa has a new CD, Little Epiphanies,
that was just released with her own songs and will be for sale. There will be refreshments and wine.
This will coincide with the Saturday Showcase in Town Center. So come down for some great music, food and lots of entertainment.

August 25: 6:00 - 8pm, Showcase Saturday at the Town Center, El Dorado Hills.

Merchant samples, deals, wine, beer, live entertainment. >> Melissa Lingo <<
will be performing live at Mia Sorella to introduce her newly released CD, "Little Epiphanies".

SAMPLE IT HERE:

Little Epiphanies

by Melissa Lingo

? Copyright - Melissa Lingo
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/melissalingo

QUOTE:
It's now on the main menu!!...

Only at Ruffhaus Hot Dog Co.

"The Mia Sorella"

A roasted garlic, basil and portabello chicken sausage topped with watercress,
goat cheese and drizzled with Mia Sorella Traditional Balsamic Vinegar,
Mia Sorella Olive Oil and sea salt.

http://www.youtube.com/user/melissalingomusic

Louis Prima Junglebook Cover - Melissa Lingo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-24-2012, 05:07 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I like the fact that my aunt lives there.
She's a sweet gal!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:37 AM  

Chico, CA
I like the gangs, the murders, the crappy neighborhoods, the homeless people, the filth.

I most like that it's 100 miles away from here.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Sacramento
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads