Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2011, 03:01 PM  

Bars

I am newly 21, where is the place to be on a Saturday night in Salt Lake?
Old 04-01-2014, 02:31 PM  

Columbus, OH
Old thread, but not a lot of activity on the SLC forum. I'll reply for the sake of future readers, and to awaken the site.

I've only been here a couple months, and I spend too much time skiing to fully explore the bar scene. I have made it to a few places though. Here's my rundown.

The Jackalope: A skater/snowboarder bar. Kind of dark inside, but friendly crowd and bartenders. Pool table, foosball table. Cheap drinks. An OK selection of drafts and bottles/cans.

Piper Down: Went to this Irish bar on St Patty's, so obviously it was packed and rowdy. Beer was cheap though. Good times. I imagine they have live music on a regular basis, which can spice up the atmosphere. They also have table shuffleboard, which is fun.

Murphy's: Smaller, probably not as cool of a place for St. Patty's parties. It seemed like a normal Friday night scene, but one bartender I talked to acted like it was super busy, so I'm guessing the place is usually pretty chill. The people and bartenders were all very friendly. My friends made friends with a large guy in a kilt, claiming to be the owner. He was fun. They also had shuffleboard but they were so busy they covered the table to make standing room.

Gracie's, a "gastropub." For being a gastorpub, their food only gets a "B" from me. Kind of a sports bar/ restaurant, but gets pretty rowdy as the night goes on. The crowd can be hit or miss. The TV's are too small. I have been here a few times to eat and watch sports, but I almost feel like this place would be better suited as a place to show up late at night to get rowdy before I head home.

Green Pig: The food here is much better than Gracies. Much better. The food here is actually awesome. Perhaps a slightly more mature crowd, not as rowdy. I prefer to come here to watch a game, but I've never hung around late to see what the place turns into. There was a live band setting up as I was leaving though, so I'm betting the place gets pretty fun! I will definitely return to the green pig.

Wasatch Brew Pub: Good beers and food! Probably slightly pricier than most of the other places I listed. Again, I haven't hung around late. The crowd was mixed, but friendly and fun when I went.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City
Bookmark this Page!