Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2014, 11:07 AM  

Can anyone ease my mind?

I was truly looking forward to making a move to SLC. I now live in Phoenix and I dont even have enough room to type all thats bad about Phoenix. But anyhow, my main concern is that I have kids. A 4 yr old and a 15 year old. My 15 yr old is home schooled but my 4 year old will start school next school year and I wanted to move out to SLC so she can start there. The schools here are HORRIBLE. Its so hot here that my kids cant play outside. We cant ever go anywhere because everything is so far, and so expensive and again, too hot to do anything. I want my kids to have memories of their childhood. My little girl wants to make friends. So I do some research on SLC and as far as how beautiful it looks and that it has all four seasons I love it. But every single thing I see posted says that if you are not mormon your life will suck and you will be secluded. And that kids will have no friends? All the mormons that I have ever met are really nice I would have never thought that. So I guess Im asking if there are some people out there that can say if this is true or not? Is the entire SLC area like that? And mostly will it be possible for my kids to enjoy life there? Any responses greatly appreciated

Old 08-29-2014, 04:47 PM  

Why SLC? I can name a few hundred places where I would rather raise my children.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:37 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Try Missouri, Kansas or Oklahoma. People are so friendly here, everyone in checkout lanes start conversations.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:40 PM  

The friendliest place I've ever gone through was Tennessee, but since this is about SLC, I'll keep quiet.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:06 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
The friendliest place I've ever gone through was Tennessee, but since this is about SLC, I'll keep quiet.
You are right, they are friendly in Tennessee. Can't really imagine everyone being unfriendly in SLC. But I haven't been there for many years.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:32 AM  

I did stay in SLC while on my way to visit family in Rexburg, Idaho. We stayed at an AAA recommended hotel, which was nice, but overlooked a "less than desirable" empty dirt lot. In the middle of the night we were all awaken to the sounds of gun fire and it appears two groups of youths were having some sort of feud. I know this is not a good way to judge an area, but it is my only memory of the area.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:31 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Youch!....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City
Bookmark this Page!

« Jef Holm | - »