Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-02-2010, 01:56 PM  

Tahoe
Traveling to SLC

I'll be in Salt Lake City next month October 5-18, I've heard, among other things, I can't by liquor. Is it legal to bring my own? Also what's the entertainment scene like?

Old 09-02-2010, 05:19 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
There are State run liquor stores located in most any big town or city. If I remember right, their business hours are not the same as you are use to in your state. I am not sure of the laws on bringing in your own, but there are several people who make the trip to the bordering states to buy their beer and liquor.

There are several brew pubs located around SLC. There are also several clubs around, but I couldn't tell you where they are though. Google Salt Lake City clubs or brew houses, you will come up with many results. There is always some kind of entertainment going on. It all depends on if you want to go to a ball game, see a concert, or go to the race tracks.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:13 PM  

Grantsville, Utah
Liquor laws in Utah are a little strange, although a few other states are similar.

Just this summer they loosened the laws on bars and clubs, so visiting them is now just like most other areas of the country.

You can buy beer at most supermarkets. It will be 3.2% beer rather than the 4-6% you would find most other places. Hard liquor, wine, and full strength beer is available at state run liquor stores, which are located in all the major towns.

There is a fair amount of entertainment in SLC, especially in the downtown area.

Mark N
Old 09-23-2010, 03:24 PM  

Layton, Utah
theres lots of entertainment up here, theres a bunch of movie theaters, clubs/bars, amusment parks (I suggest Frightmares at Lagoon, if your gonna go a little more south) Race tracks, rockhounding, off-roading, hiking.. just depends on your likes..
Old 09-27-2010, 07:45 PM  

Boise, Idaho
A couple of fun things I've done in that area:

Thanksgiving Point

(The museum specifically)

The Living Planet Aquarium Home
Old 09-27-2010, 10:01 PM  

Kaysville, Utah
It really is all about what you're into, We really do have it all, other than the naughty clubs, arent all that naughty, and if you are into that kind of thing, like my room mate, you will be severly disapointed haha.

lagoon is fun, can be pricy if you go in there just expecting to be taken care of, if you go in expecting prices to be marked up very high, you will be right. You can be smart about it and bring your own food and drink, but beware of the games, The are fun, but some of the better games operators can suck you in pretty fast, especially once you're already playing, its a lot like gambling. In moderation, it can result in very good experiances, but dont go overboard. just be smart with your money, and you can have a great time there!

Going on a hike is always a good idea, cheep, beautiful in the mountains around here, fun, and good for you!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:46 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
I visited the Clark Planetarium for the first time just last August. My wife had visited years before I did. We also visited Temple Square. Morman and non-morman people alike can appreciate the architecture and the history of the place.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:37 AM  

Woburn, Massachusetts
Beer and Booze get pretty expensive ($12 for a six-pack of Sam Adams!) at least while I was living there a couple years ago, but you can still get decent wine for pretty cheap. If you're a wine person, you can get by without much issue.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:10 AM  

American Fork, Utah
Bringing a personal stash from home I believe is fine. Going to Wyoming to buy is illegal. Just buy it here at a State store. They have every thing you could want, it's reasonably priced, and even have most regular beers at the market. Just plan ahead as the liquor stores close around 9 and the markets won't sell after 2 am I'm pretty sure. Also, if you want beer for Sunday, better get it on Saturday as no where in the state sells on Sunday.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:31 AM  

Salt lake City, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram821 View Post
Bringing a personal stash from home I believe is fine. Going to Wyoming to buy is illegal. Just buy it here at a State store. They have every thing you could want, it's reasonably priced, and even have most regular beers at the market. Just plan ahead as the liquor stores close around 9 and the markets won't sell after 2 am I'm pretty sure. Also, if you want beer for Sunday, better get it on Saturday as no where in the state sells on Sunday.
What He said ^

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads