Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2010, 05:34 PM  

San Antonio, TX
Beer places in San Antonio

Anyone have any places they like to frequent to get a good beer? Myself, I'm a big fan of Freetail's and the Flying Saucer. Freetails more-so since they brew in-house. Their Rye Wit is so yummy.

Flying Saucer is good since they have rotating beers and taps. If my wife let me frequent more often, I would probably be a member of the Saucer club!

What other places are there and what types of beer do they have on tap?

Old 11-16-2010, 12:46 PM  

Canyon Lake, TX
I mostly stick to Freetail and Flying Saucer...most other places around UTSA don't have a great beer selection if you don't do the BMC thing. The Fox & Hound have a few really good beers and a ton of TVs, not to mention a better menu that doesn't have to kill your wallet. Freetail & Saucer are way high on food $$. The Lion and the Rose is another great place with decent selection and really good food. I was not a fan of BJ's in house beers (I make way better beer ) but their selction of import and craft is ok if high priced

Old 11-18-2010, 10:06 AM  

San Antonio, Texas
Besides Freetail and Flying Sauser you have Blue Star Brewing Co., Lion and the Rose, Dodging Duck Brewing in Borne (never been), Grape Juice in Kerrville, Fredericksburg Brewing in Freckerisksburg. Then there is a new microbrewery in S.A. called Ranger Creek.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:40 AM  

Harlingen, Texas
When I lived there (left in 2004) there was a place on 1604 called Hills and Dales that had a great selection and cool atmosphere.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:41 AM  

Canyon Lake, TX
Dodging Duck is a great place, try the fish tacos!!! Sometimes seems like the beer is served too young tho...not sure when the last time is I got a decent head on a beer there.

Fredricksburg brewing is ok. Sometimes the service leaves something to be desired and the beer is decent, but nothing to get excited about (tastes better after a long hike at enchanted rock ) Freetail is MUCH better.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:44 AM  

Bryan, TX
I used to go to hills and dales all the time when I was at UTSA. Very amusing place to say the least. I think their license extended to the road so everyone would be hanging out near the bikes and such drinking and having a good time.

You had to bring your own glass though if you wanted something from one of the taps.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:42 AM  

San Antonio, TX
Mmm I want some fish tacos.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:16 AM  

San Antonio, Texas
Try the Tap Exchange on the north side of town at Bulverde and Evans. Lots of good beer on tap and decent pub food.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:59 AM  

I will second the Tap Exchange and also recommend the Yard House @ La Cantera. both places have good beer and knowledgeable staff. The Yard House has a little nicer food menu IMHO but the Tap Exchange has more everyday affordable food.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:08 AM  

New Braunfels, Texas
Flying Saucer - best selection for sure. Too bad there is none where I live.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!