Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2010, 01:24 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
Beer at The Rim

Two great places for great beer on draft on the NW side - Yard House (great food also) and BJ's Brewhouse. Also, not too far away (west on 1604) is Hills and Dales.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:08 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
both are decent, yardhouse is popular but definitely overpriced. i didn't think yardhouse was at the rim unless there is a new one. the only one i know of is at la cantera. there are a few bj's around now and they have decent brew for a reasonable price.

if you want good draft beer, freetail brewery is a good place to go as well as flying saucer, of course these places aren't at the rim. freetail is nearby though.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:21 AM  

I will have to second the Freetails recommendation. BJ's is a joke! Their beer is plain at best with no imagination or inspiration put into the brewing process. I liken it to the Applebee's of the brewpub world. I've been three or four times now hoping that with some time the place would get better. no such luck.

As for the Flying Saucer, IMHO it used to be one of the best places in town to get a beer. Now every time I go in there it seems to be jammed full and staffed with waitresses with bad attitudes. About three years ago when I first started going there the wait staff was pleasant and reasonably knowledgeable about the beer they were peddling. It almost turned into Hooter's with a better beer selection.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:27 PM  

Laredo, Texas
Ill be up there soon at ken Batchlor and will have to try these places out. My buddy told me about a place where they have tons of beer on tap, I just cant remember the name.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:50 AM  

San Antonio, TX
The Cream Soda at bj's is pretty good. Never tried their beer so I cant comment on that
Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 AM  

Love BJ's................the beer too!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:27 AM  
Jeeping Austin Weird.

Buda., Texas
the nutty brunette, blonde, and hefeweizen at BJ's is damn good.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:26 PM  

They had a Belgian-style around New Years that was damn good too. Doesn't actually compare to any of the great, authentic Belgians (nothing does), but still, it was mighty tasty for an American-brewed Belgian-style. For comparison, think more along the lines of Allagash than Duvel.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 AM  

San Antonio, TX
The Hefe at BJ's is good, but can't have more than 2 -- it's like having a meal!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!