Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 05:02 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
Best Microbrewry in San Antonio?

I'll be in San Antonio for 2 weeks. WHat are the best Microbrews? What reseraunts will I be made at if I do go to?

Thunderf

Old 11-23-2010, 03:28 PM  

Augusta, Georgia
Flying Saucer

I definitely like the Flying Saucer Pub (The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium - www.beerknurd.com) when I get a chance. It is not technically a microbrewery, but it has dozens of different beers. Freetail Brewing (Freetail Brewing Co. - Home) is a microbrew, and was pretty good the one time I went.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:57 AM  

San Antonio, TX
I really enjoy Freetail Brewing. Food is good to really good... and the beer is excellent.

Their Rye Wit is super yummy.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:41 PM  

Augusta, Georgia
I hope to get back to SA soon to give Freetail another couple of tries!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:35 AM  

Freetail! great beer and the buffalo chicken pizza is awesome!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:37 AM  

Richmond, Virginia
*Making a note to try the Buffalo Chicken Pizza Monday night*

Duely noted and I am lookign forward to some excellent beers!.

Thank you! I wish I could bring soem of the Mexican Cerveza I am bottleign today with me.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:28 PM  

Austin, Texas
They also have Blue Star brewery. I've never been, so can't comment.
And maybe an hour from downtown in Boerne is Dodging Duck. These are all brewpubs. The closest production brewery is Real Ale in Blanco, maybe a little less than 2 hours north. Several more breweries in Austin (2 hours north-NE) if you feel like going for a drive.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:13 AM  

San Antonio, Texas
my 2 cents

I would recommend Freetail for sure, good food and good beer. I try not to go when it's really busy though since the waitstaff is swamped. I like going for lunch or late lunch.

Bluestar is ok. I'm not a big fan. The first time I went the waiter didn't know anything about the beer they brew there and my wife got mad at me for being a "beer snob"

The second time I went they were out of 3 different food items we wanted to order. We ended up just not eating. They are also very commonly out of beer that they have on their chalkboard.

Never been to the Dodging Duck in Boerne but I've heard good things from a friend of mine.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:15 AM  

San Antonio, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehoursfree View Post
They also have Blue Star brewery. I've never been, so can't comment.
And maybe an hour from downtown in Boerne is Dodging Duck. These are all brewpubs. The closest production brewery is Real Ale in Blanco, maybe a little less than 2 hours north. Several more breweries in Austin (2 hours north-NE) if you feel like going for a drive.
Ah, correction! Ranger Creek Brewing and Distilling is now open in San Antonio. It's on Whirlwind Drive and their Oatmeal Pale Ale is now available on draft at Flying Saucer.

Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling – San Antonio, TX
Old 12-08-2010, 07:48 AM  

Austin, Texas
Oh yea! I didn't realize Ranger Creek was open. They are actually having their Grand Opening Party this Saturday!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads