Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2010, 12:56 PM  

San Antonio, TX
Freetail and Ranger Creek

Blue star has gone down the tube. I would definitely check out Freetail. Great wit.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:14 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
Ditto on Ranger Creek. I haven't had the beer yet but I understand they also have a distillery which is a new idea for Texas. Yard House at the Rim has 114 beers on tap. There is also a BJ's Brewhouse at the Rim. Good luck and have fun!

Old 12-09-2010, 02:10 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivehoursfree View Post
Oh yea! I didn't realize Ranger Creek was open. They are actually having their Grand Opening Party this Saturday!
yes they are and i plan to be there!
Old 12-09-2010, 02:12 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaha88 View Post
Blue star has gone down the tube. I would definitely check out Freetail. Great wit.
agreed, i haven't enjoyed or recommended bluestar in quite awhile. they lost their head brewer a few years back and have never been the same. actually, i may be wrong, but i believe the head brewer at freetail used to be the head brewer at blue star.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:20 PM  

Ranger Creek's brews are supposed to become available at Freetails too, or so I was told at their open house.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:34 AM  

San Antonio, Texas
I know it's a chain, but I enjoy BJ's (281 & TPC)
Old 01-15-2011, 05:12 AM  

Vernon, texas
I am goling in June, guess I will make some of these must visits. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:15 AM  

San Antonio, TX
Freetail is also considering opening a second location.

Additionally, if they pass the next law thats being considered in state congress, they might be able to actually distribute their beer.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:41 PM  

I know I'm late in the game but figured I'd chime in anyway. A good place to get a beer is a also Tap room or the yard house I think its called. Both have an excellent selection of beers on tap. Flying Saucer is good and does serve a locally brewwed craft beer from Ranger Creek Brewing.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:49 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
as others have pointed out, ranger creek is a great place. they have open houses every so often and i've been to about 3 or 4 of them. for me, i really enjoy the atmosphere at the brewery itself, so i'd highly recommend the open houses.

if you like whiskey, they are also making that too. they will have a bourbon coming out soon and i will definitely be around to try that.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads