Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2010, 04:58 PM  

Austin, Texas
They do a reenactment of the battle of the Alamo, generally the first weekend in March.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:59 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa in Texas View Post
They do a reenactment of the battle of the Alamo, generally the first weekend in March.
My dad's birthday is in that time frame! I should really try to plan something, he'd love that.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:11 PM  

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora06 View Post
My dad's birthday is in that time frame! I should really try to plan something, he'd love that.
OH!
That would be too cool!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:53 PM  

Belfast, Maine
Not to mention the women in San Antonio are simply fantastic.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:22 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
The first time I took a boat tour of the Riverwalk, I thought it was a really neat idea that they had the water taxi's available to pick you up / drop you off at the waterside restaurants. I've never seen that before.

"River"walk was really confusing when we first moved here. We drove around looking for a river for quite a while before we figured out what it really was. We found a parking spot, dropped down below street level and discovered what everyone was talking about. Really neat place, and we enjoyed the shopping and the fantastic restaurants all day long.

All the best,
Glenn
Old 10-20-2010, 12:42 PM  

Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrInternet View Post
The Paseo del Rio was recently extended northward as far as the Pearl Brewery, which is being converted into a showplace. The SARA had an art contest for the new section of the river which is viewable from the boats as you cruise along.
When did they do this extension? I went a couple few years ago, walked a pretty good ways and turned around. Seems like this would be neat to see, if I haven't already seen it. (like I said, its been a while)
Old 10-21-2010, 06:14 AM  
Great Dane Loving Jeeper

San Antonio, TX
Don't forget Christmas lights and the luminarias are coming in the next couple months.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:25 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
just don't get drunk and fall in the "river". it looks fine at night, not so much during the day. the wonderful greenish, grayish, brownish hues of the water is lovely, isn't it?

the riverwalk itself is fine, it's great for tourists. once you live here awhile, you realize it's overpriced and hot and muggy most of the year anyway. it's the only place in san antonio where you will find covers at bars. i guess tourists don't know any better.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:04 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitronate View Post
just don't get drunk and fall in the "river". it looks fine at night, not so much during the day. the wonderful greenish, grayish, brownish hues of the water is lovely, isn't it?

the riverwalk itself is fine, it's great for tourists. once you live here awhile, you realize it's overpriced and hot and muggy most of the year anyway. it's the only place in san antonio where you will find covers at bars. i guess tourists don't know any better.
At bars or venues? Bars in Austin rarely charge unless there is music involved.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:05 PM  

San Antonio, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
At bars or venues? Bars in Austin rarely charge unless there is music involved.
yep, at several bars and clubs. most of the covers are minimal and some do cover music, but still a rip. austin is a different scene. the riverwalk is geared towards tourists. i avoid it as much as i can.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.