Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 PM  

Los Angeles, California
Art in San Diego

I'm planning a trip to San Diego and would like to know of any art-events or art-destinations that I must include in my plans. Any ideas, you SD insiders?

Old 11-14-2010, 11:37 PM  

Boston, 02127
Hi,
San Diego, it’s really very beautiful place for outing and vacations. There are lots of attractions like beach, mountain, museum etc. These are the answer of your question: San Diego Museum of Art, the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum and Balboa Park Museums. You can find events in these places. I personally didn’t go in these places, but my kids had gone there. Basically I am adventurist and I like mountain climbing etc.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:51 PM  

san diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Jonthon View Post
These are the answer of your question: San Diego Museum of Art, the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum and Balboa Park Museums.
i've gone to the Midway and as you drive south to the Midway along the port, theres some art about every 15ft. but if you go to Balboa park, there are a bunch of museums and i believe on Tuesdays, they are free. don't quote me on it. for the museums, i've been to the air & space and the car museum and thats it.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:12 PM  

San Diego, California
Balboa Park has to be on your list. There are a whole series of Museums there.

There's also a surfing museum in Oceanside that's fun if you make it up that way
Old 11-16-2010, 03:54 PM  

San Diego, CA
It's been said twice already, but Balboa Park as a whole is art by itself. The buildings (and style) were originally part of the The Panama-California Exposition from 1915, with later ones added during another world fair in the 30's.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:15 AM  

Los Angeles, California
Thanks for the SD Tips

Thanks everyone.
All great suggestions - Especially Balboa Park!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:08 PM  

California
You should check out the Urban Trees. They are sculptures along the waterfront downtown. A lot of interesting works and you can get some exercise while you're checking them out.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:31 PM  
technocracy

San Diego, California
There's an event every month on Ray street in North Park that usually is quite full of the new talent in town. A lot of serious artists display there.

Check it out here:

rayatnight Art Walk

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!