Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 12:34 PM  

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tas80 View Post
With out a doubt. Thursday's Cask night and Michelle makes some wicked beer cheese.

if you want a beer bar... Obriens, toronado, newport pizza, pizza port (solana beach and Carlsbad), Stone world bistro in escondido, Hamiltons (southpark)

TOOOO MANY TO LIST

I have to jump in and agree with so many of your suggestions. Pizza Port, Stone (could that place be more beautiful???), and Hamiltons (the chili and Stoner Burger are awesome!!). I'd also add Churchill's (great beer and fish and chips). I have visited them all and can't wait to go back

Old 11-19-2010, 04:16 PM  

louisville, ky, ky
The 2 times I was in SD I was at a convention and LIVED at Tinfish.

AWESOME AWESOME moderate priced seafood and delicious iced tea.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:05 PM  

San Diego, Californa
there is an awesome little Pizza place in southpark called Luigi's off of 25th and B. Nice New York style pies and for a quick cheap and delicious lunch it's only 6 dollars for two slices and a soda. also their bottled beer selection isn't anything to scoff at either for a tiny pizzeria.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:36 PM  

San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Can any of you local guys give me a hand with some good places to eat in SD from small hole in the wall joints to upscale dining?
Best Mexican food - Fidel's, Solana Beach.
Best brewpub - Stone in Escondido.
Best pizza - Bronx Pizza in Hillcrest.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:33 PM  

San Diego, San Diego
Quote:
Originally Posted by mday View Post
I have to jump in and agree with so many of your suggestions. Pizza Port, Stone (could that place be more beautiful???), and Hamiltons (the chili and Stoner Burger are awesome!!). I'd also add Churchill's (great beer and fish and chips). I have visited them all and can't wait to go back
Third vote for Hamilton's Tavern. All craft beer selection as well as great pub food.

Upscale dining and drinks in Gaslamp - Searsuckers. Best comfort on 5th avenue. Finally a restaurant that is not overrated, tourist junk.

Brunch - The Cottage (La Jolla) or Cafe on Park (Univeristy and Park).

I'm getting hungry listing all my favorite places now....Enjoy!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:46 PM  

Lakeside, CA
Johnny B's in La Mesa.

21+ Burgers and Brew.

Nice place for a group of adults and the food is awesome.

STAY AWAY FROM RONGBRANCH RESTAURANT IN JULIAN. Food is terrible and the service sucks.

I got their nicest steak dinner and the steak tasted like crap, the potatoes were instant. The owner was told and she didn't even apologize or try to make it right. The waitress took the entire steak back with no offer of replacement or refund.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:11 PM  

San Diego, CA
My favourite hang out spot in San Diego is by far Pizza Port, OB. It trumps anything that PB or Downtown can offer.
Great beers on tap, excellent pizza, very mellow atmosphere. Just an all around awesome place.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:16 PM  

San Diego, Ca
Taco Fiesta in Mission Valley (on Mission Gorge)

Taco Fiesta has the best Carne Asada and California Burritos on the planet!

Make sure you use their hot sauce. It is hot but has alot of flavor, without being too hot!

Have a nice day!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:34 AM  

K A R L - S T R A U S S
........... very nice and reasonable micro brew. Great food, great beer, helpful staff.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:10 PM  
JmF

San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregR View Post
there is an awesome little Pizza place in southpark called Luigi's off of 25th and B. Nice New York style pies and for a quick cheap and delicious lunch it's only 6 dollars for two slices and a soda. also their bottled beer selection isn't anything to scoff at either for a tiny pizzeria.
Pizzeria Luigis is amazing!

BTW they have opened up a shop in the Northpark area as well

Pizzeria Luigi- Golden Hill and Northpark- San Diego, CA

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads