Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-12-2010, 12:15 PM  

How about a great gourmet sandwich shop?

3 Squares Gourmet On the Go is a great place, and it's right next to a really good beer/wine/spirits shop, K & B Wine Cellars.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:52 AM  
Beer!

La Mesa, California
I have always been partial to Con Pane and The Cheese Shop for sandwiches.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:52 AM  

san diego, CA
Market Place on 5th ave has good sandwiches.

K Sandwiches on Linda Vista rd is a vietnamese place with top notch sammys.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:37 PM  
Beer!

La Mesa, California
found a little deli down by my house

Sunrise Deli in casa de oro.

weird looking place, but delicious.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:27 PM  
technocracy

San Diego, California
Even if you aren't used to liking vegetarian food Sipz Cafe has to be one of the best restaurants in the county period. Amazing Asian fusion stuff, all of it vegetarian and a good percentage vegan. They have 2 locations, one in Clairemont and the other in Poway.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:17 AM  
Another Member

Santee, CA
Great Korean BBQ

Jeong Won Restaurant
4690 Convoy Street
San Diego, CA 92111-2317
(858) 292-4670
Old 12-29-2010, 06:30 AM  

Marshall, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Personal opinion, best burger in San Diego is at Rocky's on Ingraham street.

Western Steak Burger on University Ave is pretty darn good too but points off for not having beer and being cash only.

Went here a few weeks ago by accident and it was great. Good food, good service, not too expensive, live music and that day the $5 crab cakes on the happy hour menu were as good as any I have ever had. South Park Bar and Grill San Diego Live Blues and Jazz Club

beer and pizza, all top quality.
BLIND LADY ALE HOUSE

BREAKFAST

My two favorites are Perry's, near Old Town San Diego Perry's Cafe - Loma Portal - San Diego, CA

and Tip Top Meats in Carlsbad. Tip Top Meats
Tip Top will show up on Diner's, Drive In's and Dives someday.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:35 AM  

Marshall, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alapapa View Post
Another vote for Stone. It's well worth the trip to Escondido. The food is excellent and you can partake in some Stone offerings you'll never see anywhere else. Plan ahead and go when you can get a tour of the brewery.
I love Stone's too, but they have gotten pretty pricey and their beer prices have gone up while the serving volume has gone down. Pizza Port in Carlsbad has been one of our favorite haunts when I get to San Diego. All these brewerys have Guest beers. There are great guest beers on everybodies boards.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:40 AM  

Moreno Valley, Calif
For a really good and big portions for Breakfast go to 'Family House of Pancakes " in Chula Vista on 'H' St and just 1/2 block south on Broadway,west side of street. It looks like a old 70's style restaurant, kinda small , usually a line or wait on Sat mornings when we go. Believe me its worth the wait, yes the do sell all kinds of pancakes but their omelettes are the biggest Ive ever seen and really good. If you eat a omelette and all the other things that come with it and walk away hungry somethings wrong. I always go for the Chrorizo Omelette and for a pancake restaurant they have better salsa than most mexican restaurants.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:44 PM  

Escondido, California
If you live in Escondido or at least North County, tHere's a small but very fun place called Jalapeno's on Grand Ave. just west of Center City Parkway. It has outdoor seating with big firepits as well. Mexican food is on the menu but they have American style steaks and prime rib as well. Full bar that pours a cocktail that is worth what you pay for it!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.