Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-29-2010, 06:08 PM  

San Diego, Ca
Best Wings in San Diego?

Hi Gang! Not only am I a beer lover, I am a WING lover. Right now, I am pretty impressed with the wings at San Diego Brewing Company on Mission Gorge. However, I realize there have to be a million other wing joints in town.

Any recommendations?

Oggi's does pretty well too.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:59 AM  

San Diego, California
I have a friend who writes a food/beer blog in town and she's recently gone on a "best wings in San Diego" hunt. Her and I don't necessarily agree on what makes a good wing, but she has a lot.

Check out her site at Says Granite | The other San Diego blog.. There are also quite a few writeups about SDBW there too.

For me, I've had plenty of wings at the SDBC and I too enjoy them, but I have to order them "extra crispy" or they come out a bit slimy at times. I like a bit of crunch with my wings.

I've also had good wings at:

Hamiltons
La Jolla Brew House
Dirtybirds (in PB and I think they're my favorite)
The Pub at the Alpine Brewery (these ones are really good too!)
The Tilted Kilt in OB (had them a LONG time ago and remember 2 things about them a) they were HUGE and b) they were good!)

Johnny B's in Downtown La Mesa is a guilty wing pleasure of mine too. Their wings are bagged, frozen and breaded which often times are 3 strikes against wings, but for some reason I REALLY like them. The batter adds the crunch I'm looking for and while they don't come sauced, they have some spice to them too.

I too would LOVE to hear some others' favorite places for wings in town

Old 12-01-2010, 09:38 PM  

Glendora
I know this is off topic, but anyone been to Phil's BBQ? Best ribs i've ever had.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:13 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsMoney View Post
Hi Gang! Not only am I a beer lover, I am a WING lover. Right now, I am pretty impressed with the wings at San Diego Brewing Company on Mission Gorge. However, I realize there have to be a million other wing joints in town.

Any recommendations?

Oggi's does pretty well too.
I second the Oggi's as being good. I've got a pretty long list of disappointment places too.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:10 PM  

San Diego, California
Oggi's is good.

There is a place on Market (and 9th) street called Wolffy's that offers good wings
Old 12-23-2010, 09:10 AM  

san diego, CA
SDBC was always my go-to place for wings but as stated you have to ask for extra crispy. For me good wings are thoroughly cooked and not over dressed. There is nothing worse than a basket of wings with slimy underdone skin sitting in a pint of sauce.

There is a place in Carlsbad, I think it's called Grand Ave, that has wings in many flavors.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:57 PM  

San Diego, CA
Sorry man, it's gotta be Hooters!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:51 AM  

san diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TioLoco View Post
Sorry man, it's gotta be Hooters!
sorry, worst wings on the planet; breaded and expensive.

good looking waitresses are not that unusual in san diego, no matter where you go.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:03 PM  

San Diego, CA
I dig the garlic parmesan from Wingstop - 3365 Rosecrans Street, and my buddy really likes their lemon pepper. Gotta get em bone in style, not boneless.

I?m up in Escondido, and Killer Pizza from Mars usually has really good wings and chicken.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:53 AM  

I agree about Johnny B's -- great burgers too! There's a fairly new place on El Cajon Blvd., just west of the La Mesa Blvd. intersection that's pretty decent too.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads