Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2010, 08:21 AM  

san diego, california
Good places to offroad in East County?

Where can you go that 's relatively close to Santee, El Cajon, Lakeside for jeeping etc? I used to drive out past the Santee boulders, but those are very restricted now

Old 09-30-2010, 04:41 PM  

La Mesa, California
I usually go off the Otay Lakes road in Chulla Vista. It's right near an airstrip where you can sign up to go parachuting. The area is split up in sections marked as "wild life preserve", so just watch for the signs and keep off the land. Boarder Patrol is in the area to open the gates if you get yourself behind one. For the most part, there are areas off the Otay Lakes road where you can enter.

Let me know if you ever want to head out there.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:49 PM  
Beer!

La Mesa, California
there is a side road out in proctor valley.
right before it turns to dirt take a right. onto dirt road.

there are some fun hills and some rocks to climb if you explore around.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:45 AM  

Bristow, VA
There are a few roads in Cleveland National Forest, also out in the high desert there are always opportunities and several OHV parks.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:51 PM  

Miami, FL
Hey Lunacrat,

I will be around next year within your area, coming down from Alaska. Would really appreciate some tips on what to do and where to go (or avoid).

Tkz
Old 10-01-2010, 08:21 PM  

La Mesa, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizoo View Post
Hey Lunacrat,

I will be around next year within your area, coming down from Alaska. Would really appreciate some tips on what to do and where to go (or avoid).

Tkz
Sure, no problem.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:26 AM  

San diego, Ca
If you get up past clairemont on the 15, there's a small area for offroading slightly to the west of the freeway there. Search for "airstrip" or "airport" and you'll find directions. If you don't want to drive very far, its a good idea. Otherwise, check out jamul; you can always find trails(try proctor valley)
Old 10-04-2010, 11:26 AM  
Another Member

Santee, CA
Hey Climbit,
I am not familiar with proctor valley, can you give me street names, or GPS coordinates from googlemaps? Thanks.

I need to get my off-road fix.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:25 PM  
Beer!

La Mesa, California
take the 94 east out of rancho san diego. once you get into Jamul, turn right on Proctor Valley Road. take that all the way until it becomes dirt.

right before it becomes dirt turn right onto another dirt road. take that road around. since its raining there will be some mud and deep ruts to play in. if you take that road around there are some hills to climb and a few rocks.

if you follow a side road that heads toward the mountain there is a pretty steep trail that leads up and over.
Good places to offroad in East County?-proctor-trails.jpg 

Old 10-05-2010, 09:36 AM  

San diego, Ca
Hey, I remember that place. Haven't been out there in years. Now's the time, what with all the rains

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!