Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2010, 06:26 PM  

Oceanside, CA
Home brewing

New to home brewing where is the best buy place to buy products to get started?

Old 12-20-2010, 03:18 PM  

La Mesa, California
I got to Home Brew Mart Carries Homebrew Supplies, Starter Kits, and Ingredients for Making Beer, which is Ballast Point's shop in Linda Vista. However, there's supposed to be a good one up in Oceanside I've heard of, but not been to. Hydrobrew

Old 12-20-2010, 04:41 PM  

San Diego, San Diego
If you need something immediately, the ballast point homebrew mart is top notch. The prices are a little higher though, so I try to limit my buys to the ingredients i don't want to ship....like yeast and grains. And i don't have my own mill, so theirs is awesome.

If you want great prices on hops, I've used Farmhouse Brewing Supply. Much cheaper than ballast point and they arrive quick and fresh. Ordered a "Pliny Pack" from them the other day, and each hop addition came in a separate sealed air tight bag with instructions on when to add to the boil. Check them out:

Farmhouse Brewing Supply
Old 12-21-2010, 09:17 AM  

San Diego, California
Another good source for bulk hops is Puterbaugh Farms.

Home | Fresh Hops Direct from Puterbaugh Farms in Grandview, Washington
Old 12-21-2010, 11:31 AM  

La Mesa, CA
Theres another homebrew place with good prices on equipment called Homebrew4less, its located in Santee. But for grain, hops and yeast I always shop at Homebrewmart, they are the best imo.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:38 PM  

San Marcos, CA
Mother Earth in Vista. They brew and sale thier brew in pints, tasters, and growlers. They have a good selection of grains, hops, and gear for home brewing.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:29 AM  

San Diego, California
I love Home Brew Mart on linda vista. The staff are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I have been making brews for the last year and have always sampled and helped with my beer. Great guys.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:40 AM  

San Diego, CA
The cost of gas what it is. You have to figure the distance you have to travel in your decisions on where to get your grains, and supplies.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:28 AM  

California
I'd say Homebrew Mart. They are located close to downtown so even if they are a bit more expensive you will pay less in gas. They also have a very good selection of grains.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:41 PM  

San Diego, CA
Just brewed a cranberry amber from ingredients from Homebrew Mart. They always seem to have what I need when I go there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.