Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2011, 11:13 AM  

My family and I used to go every year but in the last 15 years we have gone once. Too much bad stuff going on. News on TV does not help either.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:19 AM  

Moorpark, CA
It's safe enough if you stay in the right areas. You have to be street smart down there and knowing a little spanish never hurts.

That being said, it's still a total **** hole and there really is no good reason to go to any border town let alone TJ. If you want to go to mexico, take a cruise or fly down to cabo or someplace else nice.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:37 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs887 View Post
If you want to go to mexico, take a cruise or fly down to cabo out someplace else nice.
I read an article recently that most of the cruise ships are now bypassing Mazatlan because of the violence near the ports. They are now staying twice as long in Cabo, because it is still a safe port for tourists.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:28 PM  

the Navy does not allow us to go across the border without a lot of paperwork... I can see TJ from my barracks room...
Old 02-15-2011, 10:22 PM  

All the times have driven In Tijuana, have not had any problems. People that get in trouble are usually drunk and peeing on a cop car. Duh!!!! That will get you arrested anywhere.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:03 PM  

Covina, California
I can go back and forth just fine if I go alone, but wifey (Jamaican) and son give me away as a "gringo" if I take them..
Old 02-23-2011, 09:18 AM  

My girlfriend's mom and aunt walk across to get certain prescriptions super cheap and then walk right back across. They say it is no problem to do that....it just takes an hour and a half standing in line to get back across the border.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:30 PM  

Even the Mexicans I know from TJ say it isn't safe to visit. Although, the craigslist postings for villas with private beaches for 600/ month rent are pretty tempting.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:32 PM  

i hate to say but tj is not that bad i am white and i live in mexico and both my cars have american plates and i have no trouble their and i cross every day their are places in detroit and los angles that are worse + the younger kids have more respect than the younger kids here.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:34 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie View Post
i hate to say but tj is not that bad i am white and i live in mexico and both my cars have american plates and i have no trouble their and i cross every day their are places in detroit and los angles that are worse + the younger kids have more respect than the younger kids here.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!