Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2010, 09:28 AM  

nyack, ny
Looking for recommendations for good food in San Diego

Hi everyone,

I used to live in San Diego back when I was in the Navy (1999-2003) and have a few old favorites:

Fish tacos at OB bar and Grill
Fish salad at Cass Street Bar and Grill

I am visiting in January, any other good places to eat?

Old 12-28-2010, 12:49 PM  

Anyplace we ate in the Gaslamp District was very good, and reasonable I thought. There was a Mexican place on a corner there that had great ceviche, as did the Tin Fish across from the convention center. The Strip Joint (steak) looked good, but we didn't have time to get there on this trip. Another place I intend to try when we're back is the Stone Brewery restaurant.
Tim

Old 12-28-2010, 02:36 PM  

San Diego, CA
If you want great fish Mexican style without breaking the bank, look for a Mariscos G?rman truck. Amazing fish for cheap.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:45 PM  

El Centro, CA
Filippi's Pizza in Little Italy has to be my favorite of all of the eateries in beautiful SD. Don't bother with the other Filippi's locations; the original is the best.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:15 AM  
Another Member

Santee, CA
Best Korean BBQ in San Diego is on Convoy, Jeong Won Restaurant. All you can eat self serve. You get what you want when you want it, and the staff is extremely friendly.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:37 AM  

San Diego, Ca
Cass St is still a great place and one of my favorites. If you like Cajun food try Chateau Orleans. It's in north PB. They normally have a 2for1 coupon on the Reader that comes out every Thursday and can be picked up at most grocery stores.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:52 PM  

San Diego, CA
You have to try Hodad's in Ocean Beach. it can be a little crowded so make sure you have time and patience. My favorite is the double bacon cheeseburger and frings.

Also, in point loma go to Gus's on Rosecrans. delicious sandwiches (try the pastrami) and pizza.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:43 AM  

Moreno Valley, Calif
I'll second Hodads in Ocean Beach, little surfer joint right close the pier.The burgers are like homemade and huge ! Very good, worth the wait if there is one !
Old 01-05-2011, 02:28 PM  

Santee, CA
Hodads rocks! As far as I'm concerned, it's the best burger I've ever eaten. Get there right at 11am for lunch and the line won't have formed yet. After lunch, head to the right out the door and stop at the first door you come to after the parking lot. Fantastic chocolate goodies!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:35 PM  

Escondido, California
Best BBQ has to be Phil's BBQ down by the Sports Arena off Rosecrans! Try to go early though, the waits are crazy long on Friday and Saturday nights.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.