Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2010, 11:48 AM  

valley center, california
New chargers stadium in SD?

does anyone know if the chargers are going to get a new stadium?

Old 11-29-2010, 12:43 PM  

san diego, CA
I hope not. The city is still bleeding money over Petco.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:06 PM  

San Diego, Ca
No New Stadiums!

I am a season ticket holder, and I don't think they are getting a new stadium. If they do the proposed locations are all horrible.

I also heard an unconfirmed rumor I would lose my awesome seats! I would have to give up my tickets.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:13 PM  

I heard the billionaire from City of Industry has already promised the Chargers a new top notch stadium if they agree to move up there. How do you San Diego folks feel about this?
Old 11-29-2010, 07:27 PM  

they really need one. their current stadium isn't cutting it.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:59 PM  

San Diego, CA
I don't think it's going to happen. I'm a season ticket holder as well and from what I've read/hear, it doesn't look good. If it eventually goes to a vote, there is no chance. Unfortunately San Diego is full of nothing but transplants who only root for their respective teams. If a vote to tax them to keep the Chargers in town came, they all would vote no.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:13 PM  

The latest info I just read was Magic Johnson joined with the owners of the Staples Center to build a new stadium and entice (with lots of green!) a current football team into the Los Angeles area. They mentioned several teams interested, but I didn't hear the Chargers mentioned on that list. Bad for us in the L.A. area, but good for those in San Diego area!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:31 PM  

San Diego, CA
New Stadium

I sure hope they are looking into it seriously. The old stadium is over 40 years old and we could definitely use a new one. Also there are constant rumors of the Chargers leaving and I think the only thing that would insure they stay here is the promise of a new stadium.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:50 AM  

san diego, CA
I hope all you cheerleaders for a new stadium are fine with never having another tailgate party before a game and paying double for everything else, including tickets.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:09 PM  
JmF

San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I hope all you cheerleaders for a new stadium are fine with never having another tailgate party before a game and paying double for everything else, including tickets.
.....and on the other end of the spectrum.......No more San Diego Chargers

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!