Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2010, 09:45 AM  

san diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmF View Post
.....and on the other end of the spectrum.......No more San Diego Chargers
If they move there will be no more tv blackout threats either. Go to SD State games instead; It's a lot cheaper.

Football games are too expensive to attend anyway. Any seat worth sitting in is $150+

Old 12-16-2010, 01:53 PM  

Central, Utah
I'd hate to see them leave SD

Old 12-16-2010, 06:08 PM  
JmF

San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
If they move there will be no more tv blackout threats either. Go to SD State games instead; It's a lot cheaper.

Football games are too expensive to attend anyway. Any seat worth sitting in is $150+
If they move I wouldn't root for them anymore so I wouldn't really care about blackouts.

Not really interested in going to State games

I agree that the games cost to much as it is......I remember buying season tickets for 400 bucks.....same seats now would be close to a grand
Old 12-20-2010, 03:22 PM  

La Mesa, California
We lose Chargers, Aztecs are in trouble. Where will they play? You honestly thing the Q will stay running for just SDSU?

And right when we might be having a good team at State...

And who's going to the Bowl game this Thursday?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:38 AM  

San Diego, California
Hopefully they build one down near the water. that would be great. I hope they dont move to LA that would break my heart.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:42 PM  

San Diego, California
I believe that they will in time. the location will probably end up around the Petco Pk area because the traffic infrastructure is already in line because of Petco. It will clean up a small part of skid row.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:01 AM  

Reno, Nevada
I would hate to see the taxpayers get roped into paying for something that only makes the owners richer. If they want a new stadium so badly why don't they put up the bulk of the money. After all, you make money by investing not begging for freebies.

But a previous poster is correct; SD is a city of transplants, military mostly, that root for their "home" teams. There will never be a solid fan base to support a " San Diego" team, not football or otherwise.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:08 PM  

san diego, ca
the chargers do need a new stadium, however it needs to be smaller than qualcomm is. we have a very heavily population of military so they tend to cheer for there own team. there was a number somewhere around 10-15,000 fans per game here for the other team. when we have a team like jacksonville who has no fans to begin with we get hit with a blackout because their fans dont show. there will be thousands and thousands of angry fans if they were to move but it looks more like jacksonville will probably be the team in l.a. the city is slowly getting their stuff together and trying to get them a stadium. remember the superbowl here in the 90's? that brought TONS of tourist money here and that exactly what this area desperately needs now. you have to spend money to get money applies to the city too
Old 01-24-2011, 03:15 PM  
CJ7 San Diego

San Diego, Ca
Just what we need, the taxpayers of San Diego to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to subsidize a business for billionaire owners and their multimillionaire employees.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:46 AM  

Reno, Nevada
"AEG pitches NFL stadium to LA City Council panel
By JACOB ADELMAN, Associated Press
Jan 19, 6:08 pm EST

ShareEmailPrintLOS ANGELES (AP)?The chief executive of a company proposing a downtown pro football stadium told a City Council panel Wednesday the project would require no public funding."

AEG pitches NFL stadium to LA City Council panel - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

See, why can't the Chargers do this here rather than begging for taxpayers to fund HIS new stadium?

And I don't think "investing" hundreds of millions of dollors to get a superbowl a couple times in the next twenty or thirty years is such a great idea either.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.