Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2011, 12:43 PM  

I shop at the Santee one now and then
Pick up a pack of fresh blueberries

A great one, though, is the Little italy one that happens on saturdays, about 9-1pm. Lots of good stuff, and many vendors/stores owners have samples of things to try

Old 02-02-2011, 08:13 PM  

Out of town a bit

Ramona has a decent market.

I've also been to the market in PB to see my nephews band play down there. I was a bit out of place for that area. I'm not a surfer beach bum type.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:30 PM  

When does the market in north park go down?
Old 02-13-2011, 01:24 PM  

What are the price differences like versus buying at a place like Von's?
Old 02-21-2011, 07:48 PM  

my wife and I go to La Jolla's Farmers Market most Sundays...great people there
Old 02-22-2011, 01:14 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Is there a site anywhere that provides information on where and when the markets take place?

Thanks
There is, or there was. I'll see if I can find it.

We used to go the La Mesa FM pretty often, haven't been in a while though.

We have been to Hillcrest, OB, Encinitas and La Jolla FM's and they're all pretty good. North Park/Hillcrest is pretty nice.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:15 AM  

We go to the Hillcrest one every Sunday morning. It is the nicest one out there that I have seen. There is a new one in Point Loma on Canon by Rosecrans on Sunday mornings as well... The OB one on Wednesdays we go to a few times a year. Things I look forward to at the Hillcrest Farmer's Market: The Joes on the Nose truck...everyone loves their coffee - I love their peanut butter hot chocolate! The Crepe guy....get a California Surfer or a Popeye - with egg of course. I also like the food at the British guy, Keith's, stand. Scotch eggs, sausage rolls, and the breakfast roll pastries. There is a stand that has huge artichokes that are awesome. There are a few ones that have eggs that are soooooo good....kind of expensive though. Lots of veggies and fruits (lol the edible kind and the kind on two legs) all over....organic....and flowers.... My gf loves all those....I'm more of a carnivore and don't get excited by veggies so much. Also - the French dude that does the desserts....really really good. If your girl (or you) is into Orchids, there is a guy that sells really nice ones there. Some good cheeses....well....just go...I'm not going to list all the stuff there....there is a ton.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.